Chapter 28: Truth

Author's Note:
Hello there! Guess who's back? 

I just finished the pre-revision of the story and here I am now updating. Hope you enjoy.

I'm sorry for not updating for a long time and here I am back and refreshed, ready to offer you a roller coaster ride to fantasy, to a world we wished we belong to.
----------------

Skylar Finn
Day of Evaluation
Magnum Academy

"The first round would be an obstacle race, the students are permitted to use any of their magic except teleportation to pass through the obstacles," the whole arena roared at that statement.

Professor Dominic then continued explaining the first round, "There are 50 participants and only the first 20 magnumians to finish the obstacle will proceed to the next round, another rule is that you can attach your fellow competitors," the arena have gone louder than before.

A portal then opened in the field, connected to a space where the obstacle is located. Huge screens floated in the air, showing the obstacle. There were lava pits, forests, rocky terrain and many monsters were present.

The participants then went to the portal and was transported to the obstacle. A number three floated on top of their heads, signifying the countdown is about to start.

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Begin!" Professor Dominic shouted and every competitors did use their magic to get through.

Many were using wind, earth and as well as fire. Some where using their body part manipulation magic to easily go through. Sky was planning to flying in the sky and easily go over the obstacles, but he saw that there was a flock of big birds or orcs. He saw many magnumians mid-air having a hard time with the flying orcs.

He decided to stay on land and immediately ran towards were everybody was running, the forest, with many monsters and creatures lurking around. There were students attacking other students, which just make sense as it wasn't a violation against the rule. The only rule is that no use of Teleportation Magic.

He continues to run until he was met face to face with Olivia.

"I already ruined your image and you dare to come back!" She yelled.

So she is the witch who copied my appearance. Sad to say, no one is around to hear what she is talking about. 

Never mind, I'll end her, right here and right now.

"Needle Hair." I saw how her hair sharpened and elongate. Going towards my direction, I conjured water in my hands and chanted.

"Water Tentacles." Holding her hair so tight in my grasp. I then pulled her and as she was nearing me, I casted once again.

"Water Magic: Aqua Detonate."

The tentacles exploded causing her to be knocked off of her feet and fell unconscious on the ground.

I'll deal with her after, I still need to finish this race. So I ran.

Many were fighting each other and many were ahead of the race. So I chanted one more spell to my advantage.