Chapter 22: Ice

Skylar Finn
5:15 PM - Friday
Mystic Forest

I am currently here in the mystic forest with grandma Elena, nearby a lake. I am currently dipping my whole body, even my head, hoping that the water will heal, but grandma kept on telling me that water can't heal burns from Royal Flame.

I was devastated and argued, "But water usually heals me, and among all elements water has healing abilities."

She smiled and countered, "Water indeed have healing abilities, the greatest among the elements in the field of healing, but the other elements can heal as well, depends on the caster's capability."

She then continued explaining, "Despite that fact, a simple water healing magic can't heal a burn made by a high class magic, like the Royal Flame."

"Then what should I do?"

"I will help you, your face is ruined and so does your well being, it will be a waste if it will leave as it is right now," she said, then the following words she said made me confused a bit.

"You can heal it with water."

"But you told me that water alone can't heal it." I cut her off of her statement.

"Let me finish young man." I apologized, then she continued, "You can heal it with water magic, if you can enhance more of your water magic and use it in a different state," she finished, then...

Ting!

Looking at a different angle she was right, she is referring to my water magic's potentials.

"Ice." We muttered at the same time and smiled at each other.

"I don't know how to, I have tried it before, but I failed and end up having water exploding on my face." I said and she laughed.

"That is why I am here," she said.

Huh!?

"Come on Sky, remember I thought the kings and queens how to control their magic, I'm sure I can handle the child of the gods and goddesses, I even taught your mother Kadita." She remarked and I smiled at her.

I hugged her so tight and she returned then she said, "But I will not help you with the other elements for you to unlock, it's all up to you to find a way to have them." I nodded and kissed her cheek.

I am so thankful that I have a family I can lean on during my most desperate moment.

"Let's get started." She stated and that is when she chanted.

"Bullet Seed."

Ugh, like mother like daughter I guess.

Bullets of seed came out of her magic circle towards me and I used my magic as well to protect myself.

"Wind Blow."

A white magic circle appeared and a gust of wind came out, blowing the seed away going back to her direction, that is when vines creaked out from the ground and formed a wall.

"Okay now first step for you to learn ice magic is to act tough, cold and stiff. By unlocking water's state of ice, it would be easier for you to learn earth."

She then moves her hand in motion and some leaves from the tree sharpened and was pointed at me.

"Leaf Blades."

Sharpened leaves flew to my direction in a fast manner. I kept on dodging despite having a hard time with my injuries, but just like the witch in the Elix City, the leaves just flew around and followed me.

An idea pops in my head. Sorry Heptis, maybe this is plagiarism.

"Air Blades!"

Magic circles appeared every where and winds came out and hits leaves as some went to grandma.

Grandma then gestures her hand and created a green ball in her hand.

"Energy Ball"

The ball went to me and before it hit me, my body can't move because of my injuries and used so much of my energy since me and mom immediately came back from Earth.

I stood still and can't move a limb. Every part of my body is exhausted, I can't dodge and can't even bring my body to move, it feels so stiff.

Stiff?

Unmoving?

That's it! A basic principles of ice. The water particles became stiff when it turns into ice, making the particles hard to move.

I felt a magic circle was made below me, it was as if it was put on a freezer, there were frosts on it. It's was light blue.

That is when I felt my body going cold, the comfortable type of cold, and my body grew numb afterwards. That is when I realize, I am trap inside an ice crystal.

Yay me! Note the sarcasm.

I made ice, but trapped myself inside. Feeling my body very comfortable, not feeling anything not even the burns I've got. Due to over comfortability with the ice, I felt myself slowly drifting to sleep. As it protected me from her attack.

But I heard some words before I finally fell into deep slumber.

"I really am a good teacher" said an old voice.

*
Zachary Jade
1:00 AM - Monday
Magnum Academy's Dormitories

It has been three weeks Skylar went missing and I am really much guilty of what I have done. I have explained it to father about all of the misunderstanding and told me he was fine with it, I hope he is.

My mother is still sleeping and nobody can heal her, not even the greatest healers we have in our kingdom. Such useless people.

We continued to search for Skylar and cannot find him this past few weeks. It was very sad, I guess. I think I grew so attached to him.

It's already morning and we have classes later, me on the other hand can't sleep because of the overwhelming stress I am dealing right now.