Chapter 41: Comfort

Skylar Finn
xxxxx-xxxxx
Aqua Realm

I felt myself losing my consciousness, but before I was entirely enveloped by darkness. Images came flashing in my mind. Seconds later, I am already below the sea, still unmoving.

The images came back again.

My memories with my Dias, Ren surges through my thoughts.

"Why do you think you started with water and not like fire, earth or air or anything?" Ren asked.

"Because I am a mermaid to begin with?" I muttered in our minds.

"No! Think again, why you start with water if you can start with fire or anything?"

I think for a couple of seconds and found my answer.

"It is because water is the most versatile element among all of them." And looked at Ren smiling at me.

I then continued. "Water is a form of matter that supports life, from plants to animals and humans just like what Air does, yet it can be as dangerous as the fire, drowning and lack of hydration can kill a person, just like fire it can also be use to attack. It can also be use to defend just like earth, a sturdy matter, turning water into thick ice can be comparable to an earth based protection. Lightning and current can easily travel in a conductor and an example of it is water, this represents the flow and how open the water element is," with a smile on my face, realizing why water elementals and mermaids were being attacked, because of their power, their strength.

"Good, now think of it, dig deeper unto it. Why do you feel safe when you are under water even if you might drown?" He asked once again.

Thinking about it, yes he is right. Yet I am a mermaid I can breath underwater, but setting it aside, what if I am still a normal person, without magic. Would I still be enjoy being under water?

I brightened up knowing the answer, talking back to Ren in our minds and answered, "Mermaid or not, I will still enjoy being under water, when I was in the mortal world not knowing I have magic, I already enjoyed swimming and diving in a pool with a smile in my face. For me, water is not just a mere matter that occupies space, but the water is what I call my home. I feel safe because I feel at home."

The words repeated in my head as I calm myself under the sea.

The water is my home. The sea is my domain.

I felt a tingling sensation from my legs. I looked at what is happening. I smiled, knowing what will happen next, as my legs continues to shine bright blue. Comfort, that is all that I am feeling right now.

*
3rd Person's POV
xxxxx-xxxxx
Aqua Realm

Leviosa is currently flying mid-air with herself conjured wings.

Leviosa saw how Skylar's body fell, now under the sea. She saw a bright blue light underneath. That is when she heard a voice under the water.

"Aqua Bullets."