Chapter 43: Library

Skylar Finn
Monday - 7:00 AM
Magnum Academy

I only have two days to prepare for the upcoming festival. They were about to sub me out of the tournament, but I told them that I can keep up. I explained myself and tried to make an alibi, Head Master Madoxx understood what I mean, he then puts his trust on me.

I am currently inside my room, wearing my uniform. We are already excused from our classes and have the permission to use the arena for our training.

I made my way out and saw no traces of Trisha and Ro, Ro must be in her class, while Trisha must be in the arena already.

I know for sure that it will be hard to go against the other academies. I heard from Trisha that the other academies had chosen their representatives wince the start of the school year, since then they were receiving extra training and special lessons from their teachers.

I made my way towards the arena, they must be warming up by now. As I entered the field, I saw them doing lapses. Running around the arena.

I followed them and run with them as well.

"You good?" Aelous asked.

I nodded in response. I moved my attention to Zachary, he looks kind of red.

I went beside him and touch his cheeks. "Are you sick?" I asked.

He then abruptly stops and I accidentally trip on his foot, causing me to lose my balance. I was about to fall when I felt arms securing my body by the waist. The tightness is just right, his warm breath caressing my cheeks, causing me  to turn red as well.

"Be careful." He stated. I don't know, but his words makes me feel comfortable. Ever since then, there is this sensation flowing through my system every time I am near him. But everytime our bodies make contact, the sensation grows.

What are you doing to me?

I then went out of his embrace and stood up, I saw the teasing look of Trisha, raising his brows in a teasing manner.

"Let's go." He then held my hand and dragged me with him as he run. We continued our lapses with our hands entangled together.

"How about we try testing our shields and defense?" Rei suggested. Everyone looks at me and I ask them why.

"Try attacking us." Trisha stated. I just nodded and step away from them.

Rei steps forward first.

"Hydro Pump." I casted as water surges towards him. He then build a wall of air, redirecting my attack to the ground. 

They might have trained so much from the past few days, that is why he can handle my pump of water, not just stopping it, but redirecting it as well. I saw a smile plastered in his face.

Trisha then went next.

"Hydro Pump."

She held out her hand as a shield of lightning came out of her palm. Completely taking down my attack.

Aelous is next.

"Hydro Pump."

He  did what Rei executed earlier as well, also redirecting my attack to the ground.

Marco went up next, he positioned himself into a defensive stance. Both his fist clenched together, his knees slightly bended.

"Hydro Pump."

I casted as loads of water surges towards him.

"Earth Pillar."

A pillar of earth rises from the ground, blocking my attack. My attack only manages to put a crack on the pillar. They really have grown so much in just a few days.

I really think I need to train more.

Seth then steps forward, doing the same stance as Marco, but this time his hand is already held forward.

"Hydro Pump."

As the water was about to reach him, his hand glows bright, turning into a paw, the same as his werewolf's form. Swatting my attack away.

Zachary then steps forward, standing straight with a serious and focus face on him.

"Hydro Pump."

As the water was about to reach him, a red shield appeared in front of him.

"Flaridise." He chanted. An explosion happened and thick smoke covered him. 

As the smoke subsides, there is no crack found in the shield.

I really need to train hard right now. Since I can only use water magic in the magic festival, I need to train it more.

Leviosa trained me so well, she conditioned my body so well. I vividly remember everything she taught me. I need to learn more. Maybe I'll drop by the library later.

We continued to doing drills until afternoon, like running, hand-to-hand combat and others that are needed to strengthen our body for the upcoming competition.

It is currently 6:00 in the afternoon, we are in our way back to our dormitories, but I decided to go to the library to do a bit of researching, telling them to go back without me. They agreed and did not bother to join me, which is good for me. They must be so exhausted.

I made my way to the library, the librarian is nowhere to be found and no signs of students. The library is empty at the moment. Students must be back in their dormitories and librarian must be at the teacher's lounge with the others.

I made my way to the ancient books at the vey end of the library. There are only 20 books of ancient magic present here at the library and some of the other ancient books can be found in other academies and as well as the council's quarters. Some are still not found.

I took two books, with the titles, "Extinction of Elkia" and "Ice Magic of Citra."

Elkia is a kingdom from the past, one of the most productive and the one of the richest kingdoms of the Seiko Region. Elkia Kingdom is a union of two royal magicians. The queen, Nia, specialized in Earth Attribute Magic and the king, Kiel, specialized in Air Attribute Magic.

The two of them believed that the bodies and matters beyond the atmosphere contain loads of magic. It was named as Heavenly Magic at the time and still known as Heavenly Magic today.

Heavenly Magic is an ancient magic that requires a deep connection with the heavenly bodies. It is believed that a wizard can only learn heavenly magic in two different ways.

One, have dreams of flying around the outer space. But it is believed to be a bad taboo, causing the wizard to go blind the moment he wakes up.

Two, kill a Celestial Wizard and drink their blood. But the after effect is very deadly, your core will be split in half and would lead to Devouring. Devouring is a kind of fever that sucks off the energy of the wizard's body until it dies.

Celestial Wizards are dependent to the powers of the stars, especially the zodiacs. They often have keys or books, some Celestial Wizards perform ritual to summon one.

This said kingdom killed so many Celestial Wizard and drank their blood, which endangers the race of Celestial Wizard and leads to the extinction of the people of Elkia Kingdom.

No one knows any other ways to obtain Heavenly Magic. It exist, but not attainable.

Since there is no way for me to obtain this magic, I moved to the other book, focusing on Ice Magic. There will be a time that I will be force to use Ice to my advantage during the magic festival. 

Since I am not allowed to use other elements to avoid exposing myself, I would just use the other form of Water Magic, which is Ice Magic.

I decided to study some of the books related to my magic. I will stay the night here at the library.

----------
Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, ADD, SHARE and FOLLOW.