Chapter 30: Olivia

Skylar Finn
Day of Evaluation
Magnum Academy

I am currently standing face to face with Zachary when the battle ended. I am having a hard time controlling breath, I feel like I want to faint. I was going off balance when Zach ran towards me, holding my waist tightly.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked sincerely, with worry visible in his eyes.

"I'm fine, I just need to rest." He held me tighter and supported me out of the field.

I am really having a hard time walking, that is when he lifted me up and he is now walking fast towards the infirmary.

*
3rd Person's POV
Day of Evaluation
Magnum Academy

Everyone saw both students, one of them being carried - lover's carry. The royalties went after them as well. The head master instructed everybody to take the remaining day as their time for leisure.

Most students went out of the academy to spend time, some went back to their dormitories to rest for the rest of the day.

At the clinic, only Zach is looking after Skylar. As he said that he can manage and look after the patient. Their friends then went out of the infirmary and also went back to their dorms.

Zachary is staring at Gemini's sleeping figure on the white mattress. He still can't get over the fact that Skylar can single-handedly eliminate a royalty. The way he dominated the match moments ago made Zachary wonder to where Skylar really came from.

Because out of no where, a water attribute wizard came. He really is special, he thought. As he slowly fell asleep.

*

Skylar FinnDay of EvaluationMagnum Academy - Infirmary

I woke up, smelling disinfectant and seeing a white ceiling. I feel someone holding my hand, I turned my attention to it and saw Zach sleeping with his head on the mattress and hand holding mine.

I slowly tried to move my hand, but he woke up.

"You woke up. How are you feeling? I'm gonna call the nurse." He stated and was about to stand up.

I held his hand and pulled him on his chair, "I'm fine, I just need to rest."

"I need water." I whispered out to him. He nodded and immediately filled the cup then handed it to me.

"Here." I thanked him after giving it to me. I asked what time is it and it's already 4 in the afternoon. I stood up and said that we should be going

I just need to be under a warm shower to replenish most of the strength I lost and a little bit of sleep would help me recover more effectively. I am a royal mermaid after all.

We are on our way to our own dormitories when I felt a strange presence, I look towards the direction it was coming from. A spy, a Crauxxian.

"There is a spy, a Crauxxian." I whispered to Zach.

"Where?" He asked.

"On my left side, behind the huge tree, near a huge a rock. 60 degrees from where we are facing." I described.

He suddenly looked towards that direction. Damn this prince! He is so dumb.

The spy is a wizard and immediately used camouflage magic.

I immediately conjured a huge amount of water and ran after his direction.

I am near where he was spying us, I know he haven't gone far yet. I casted the water across the vicinity. Splashing it everywhere.

I saw him, near the an open area, near the waterfalls.

"He's in the waterfalls!" I yelled out loud.

I immediately dived into the nearby waterfall and conjured water tentacles.

"Water Tentacles!"

Grabbing his foot. I then dragged him towards where I am standing and held him still tightly. 

"Water Lock!"

I trapped him on a ball of water.

"Water Magic: Aqua Detonate!"

Huge explosion was made. The smoke scattered away, there he is lying and unmoving.

Seconds later, he is shining bright purple.

I bended the water once more, building huge walls of water barricade, surrounding the both of us. Trapping him and me inside the four sides of the box of water I created.

He turned into a bright purple ball.

He's planning to escape.

"Water Dome!" I shouted, making a dome filled water, trapping both of us.

I was able to slow down the ball's movement, as I casted once again.

"Water Pulse." A bended plenty of water inside the dome into a ball of mine, throwing at the ball.

Causing the dome to explode due to the high impact.

The purple slowly turned to its original form.

"Olivia?"

How come she is free? I thought he was in the Blood Moon Kingdom's dungeon.

I bended the water in the water and created a string or a rope, connecting both our arms. Not allowing her to escape.

Just in time, Zach arrived.

"Olivia is a spy from Crauxx Kingdom." I stated.

"How did she escape from the kingdom's prison?" He said.

"I should be asking you that question, it's your kingdom." I uttered, pulling Olivia.

I carried her as we went to the Academy to talk with the Head Master Madoxx.

While on our way, many students saw us. Chatters and murmurs were heard as we made our way to the office of Head Master Madoxx.

Zach knocks on the door, a voice from the other side was heard, "Come in."

As we went in we saw the Head Master sitting calmly on his chair as we put Olivia on the couch nearby.

We explained the things that happened just now, "The Magic Council will be in charge of her, she'll be monitored daily. You can leave her here and go to you dorms and rest for the rest of the day."

I have other things to think about.

Two weeks from now, the Grand Magic Festival is about to begin and will be held at the Blood Moon Kingdom. I need to train.