Chapter 49: Tingles

Skylar Finn
Wednesday - 11:00 AM
Blood Moon Kingdom, Guest Room

I was woken up by a force, shaking my body, causing me to abruptly open my eyes.

"What? What happened?" I asked Trisha as I rub my eyes, still sticking together as I just woke up from a short slumber.

"The others are calling us to meet at the castle's main library." Trisha stated as she continues to brush her hair and tidy up herself.

I then took my extra shirt to change, as my body somehow sweats when I was under Aquarius's lesson and mini-training. Her water manipulation is really top the notch - Aquarius, the water bearer.

She is strong, but not in the same intensity as the Goddess of Water. The Goddess of Water is more tricky and leans more on being a strategic wizard, unlike Aquarius who is more on the destructive style of fighting. She just don't know when to hold back.

After changing, Trisha and I went to where the library is. There is this huge door in front of us and it suddenly opens, revealing Ro. "I'll be rooming with you guys later." She stated with a smile. We nodded in response.

"So, what are we doing here?" Marco stated, the tone in his voice just says a lot about his hate for libraries or books in general. This dumb head really doesn't like reading.

"You guys felt it right?" Rei stated.

"Felt what?" Marco asked, while rubbing his chin as he closely looks at Rei.

"Kiel and the others from Tozar Academy." Rei trailed off.

"Yeah." Trisha replied, followed by Seth and Aelous.

"That guy just now, Kiel. His strength is off the charts." Seth stated, anxiousness overtaking his system. I just clicked my tongue, I really hate to admit it, but that Kiel and the rest of Tozar Academy will be the hardest line-up to take down, compared to Hexai and Graidelle Academy.

"He is strong, but his not agile. He moves too slow and it takes him a bit moment for him to cast that huge blow just now." Zachary stated, reassuring us. He is right though, but if some of their teammates have extreme speed and agility. It would complement Kiel's lacking.

"It's okay, we have Skylar and Zachary." Marco confidently stated.

I can take down Kiel, if  I can use Wind Magic, giving me huge advantage. But since I am only limited to Water Magic, it would be hard to go against force magic.

"I am not really sure." I stated, getting them off guard.

"I mean, I am faster than him, but the fact that if he would be able to hit me once, I'd be doomed." I seriously stated.

The only way to defeat him if I were to go one-on-one with him is to amplify my defense as much as I can.

"You can use Aqua Ring." A voice echoed in my head.

Aquarius? I thought.

"Come on my child, Kiel's strength is inferior to the King of Crauxx Kingdom. I know you can take him down." Metora followed after Aquarius's statement.

I did not take back the words I said to the others just now, about me not able to easily go face-to-face with that Kiel. Kiel's inability to move fast is the only opening I know. The best way to win is to finish the match as early as possible.

"What do you guys think will be the next event?" Seth asked.

Trisha replied, "I don't know, it is hard to predict since the first round is kind of unexpected, Who would expect that the first round is to find small silver eggs in this huge and wide castle?" Followed by a frustrated sigh.

That is when an idea strikes through my head.

"I kind of know what is the next round is. Not really the exact activity, but I kind of know what is the next possible challenge." I stated, as I looked at them.

"What are you thinking?" Rei asked Skylar.

"The first event is finding an egg with a teammate, which means they are testing coordination." I said first.

"Meanwhile, the second event is a test of strength, breaking the light screens, the same activity we did from our evaluation." I seconded my first thought.

"Your point is?" Marco impatiently asked, that is when he receives a slap at the back of his head from Ro, "Be patient dumb head."

"The activities focus on different characteristics that make up a great wizard. Coordination and strength were the first two activities' focus, I have a hunch that the next activity will focus on speed. But a part of me thinks that the next activity will have something to do with intellect." I explained.

"So the best option we have is to send Rei for the next round." I suggested.

"Why me?" He asked.

"First off, you are intellectual. Second, you have wings and wind magic, which could amplify your speed. Even though my guess of which activity will come next, you can still cover either one of them." I stated as I gave him a reassuring smile.

Rei is a very reliable and dependable teammate, he has the wit and strength to support himself and his teammates in times of challenge and hardship.

I really want to go in, but I think it is not really the right time to enter early in the festival. As much as possible, I should remain hidden from the crowd until mid-half of the festival.

"It is settled then." Trisha stated, Seth and Aelous agreed to the idea. Rei just nodded, with his twin, Ro beside him.

"Lunch is almost ready let's go." Zach stated as he pulled my hand and went out.

Seconds passed, I felt my face heating up. This vampire is really getting into my nerves. What are you doing to me Zach? Laying my hand on top of my chest, as the tingly sensation slowly ignites.

As we are walking down the halls, many eyes lingers to our direction, especially the hands that kept tangled after departing from the library where our friends are.

Some were glaring, some were chatting and some were admiring the interaction me and Zach have.

This is really embarrassing.

---------

Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, ADD, FOLLOW and SHARE.