Chapter 3: Rain

Skylar Finn
11:00 PM-Thursday
Backyard

"So here is what we are gonna do. I will teach you some basic magic, regarding water attribute and some other enchantments. We will conceal your aura and scent to hide your identity as a mermaid, to turn you scentless like a wizard. Act like a wizard and don't show anyone your tail for the mean time, until you find and return to the castle of Adamia." Mom explained. 

"It is very important to keep you safe, so please follow my instructions." She added.

"Adamia?" I asked.

"Adamia is the name of your mother's kingdom, my prince," she bowed a little jokingly and I glared at he, causing her to laugh.

"Years after the battle happened, the kingdom of Adamia remained hidden beneath the sea and no one was able to find it. Only a royal mermaid can make the castle resurface from the deep sea and you are a royal. Keyes, your mother's brother hid the castle from any harm. He is the one in charge of the kingdom for now and waits for the return of their lost prince. And that is you," she continued and I just nodded.

"Keyes is part of the magic council, but he isn't that much active in the council since he is now in charge of Adamia, making sure no one can track the long lost kingdom."

"I will chant some spells on you to hide your ocean scent. Wizards don't have scents on them, which will be your identity for the time-being. We will also hide your blue aura. Mermaids have blue aura, while wizards have white. I will help you control it. We will stay here for 2 more months for your training and finish your studies here to avoid any suspicions. Afterwards, we will return to Fiore." I hugged her knowing she will be by my side, always. She's my only strength at the moment.

"Thank you for everything." I said, sincerely, while tears

"Thank you for making me happy for 17 years Sky. I really mean it, I treated you like my own. Now go to sleep you have classes tomorrow," she then kissed the top of my head and we bid our good nights.

On my bed, I held my necklace in my neck thinking about my real mother and my father.

"Please guide me," I muttered before falling into my deep slumber.

*
7:30 AM-Friday
School

I am currently here at school, waiting for our homeroom teacher to arrive. I miss my friends so much, two vacant seats were beside me - their chairs. Then Jessica and her 2 minions arrived.

She saw me and shock was visible all over her face and he just smirked at me. She then approached my seat and  lowly laughed on me, "Looks like you are still alive, I don't know how but you just made yourself a death wish," she whispered and now she is laughing out loud.

She then went back with her friends and the teacher arrived.

During class, I saw Jessica talking with her friends, with tumbler in hand and was about to drink on it.

While drinking I cussed talking to myself "I hope you'll get burnt."

Then she started screaming, "HOT! HOT! Ouch!" spitting the water from her mouth.