Chapter 12: New Teacher

Skylar Finn
1:30 PM-Tuesday
Magnum Academy

"What!?" I yelled.

The new teacher in front of us just smiled, as she looks at me with teasing smile.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

The teacher just raised her brow, now with a teasing look. I know she's a teacher here in the academy, but I never thought she'd be in my class.

"Silly, I'll be your teacher." The person in front of us replied to me.

"My name is Cecil and I'll be your Magic/Spell teacher for the whole year, nice to meet you." Mom introduced, looking at me with a knowing look.

'Why did Sky reacted like that?'

'Yeah, she's an elder fairy.'

'Do they know each other?'

"Stop chatting with your classmates everyone. Mr. Morgan over there is actually my son." Mom announced to the class.

"Huh!?" Everyone was so dumbfounded, well, except for the council for they have known it from the start. They were actually laughing, all except the vampire an the back seat.

"Don't you all worry, I won't be giving him any special treatments, so all things will still be fair and square." she smiled and we just nodded. I have a bad feeling about this.

"Okay, let's get started, the first lesson for today will be a simple magic class, and that is making a shield."

Everyone chatters, questioning why they need to learn it, since they have been taught about the basics.

"Silence. Yes, this is a basic type of magic, but this is very vital in a fight or for protection. Even though you know how to cast a shield there will still be flaws in it." She stated and everyone was listening intently.

"Now I have a situation and you guys give your answer." Everyone nodded.

She then continued "In a fight between two mage, how can you determine the winner? What factor will greatly influence the outcome of the battle? Anyone?"

A girl raised her hand and said "It's because of their power, whoever overpowers the other is the victor." She then seated.

I know she is definitely incorrect.

"Wrong." Mom said and looked for other answers

"Rei?" She asked.

Rei then stood up and said, "It's all about knowing your opponent's weakness." He then sat, he is kind of close though. It's just that it's lacking.

"Your answer is incomplete, but thank you for trying." She stated.

"Any other answers?" But no one bothered to raise their thoughts, for a simple minded person they will think the same as the previous answers. I slowly lowered my head to not get her attention, and that is where all shit started.