Chapter 13

"I MISS YOU, my sunshine, I really do," he kept on saying those words into the air, hoping that it would tell her how much he missed her. How much he wanted to tell her that he loved her.

He couldn't get her out of his mind, the way that she walked, the way that she smiled at him and even the way how she rolled her eyes, everything about her was perfect. He wass really a jerk for leaving her back then. He was a coward man, yes he was.

There was no excuse for that. Hinayaan niyang kainin siya ng takot.

"Tangina naman kasi," tila nahihirapang saad niya at tsaka inisang lagukan ang alak na nasa baso niya. Waze was grinning and giving him some mocking stare.

"Two hours of driving is worth it," Waze laughed. "Kuya Sim, go and see yourself at the mirror, you look like a fucking mess."

"I didn't let you enter my fucking condo just to fucking insult me, Water," he scowled at the man. His eyes were sharp enough to make the other man threw his hands up into the air like he was telling him that he won.

After that, he raised his middle finger showing it to Waze.

Waze just laughed at him like he was kidding and he was telling him the most hilarious joke of all time and then cleared his throat.

Umayos ito ng upo sa carpeted floor ng living room ng kanyang tinitirhang condo unit. Nakapagbihis na rin siya at nagulat na lamang siya nang makita si Waze na nakangiti sa kanyang doorstep. The man really knew how to ruin his night.

"You want us to look at her?" Waze asked him.

"You want me kill you?" he asked Waze. No one dared  to look what's his. Sa kaniya si Maria. Sa kanya kang ito.

Really? Her eyes didn't sparkle the way that they used to whenever she was  looking at you. His mind reminded him. His heart broke because of that. Yes, he knew that, she wass far from the Maria that he knew back then, but, she was still the Maria who could make  his heart flutter in a span of milliseconds.

"Chill naman, Kuya," umayos ng upo si Waze at tsaka tumayo. "I mean, let's check what she is doing right now, c'mon, I know you want to see her, too."

Kahit nakapantulog na siya ay tumayo na siya at tsaka inayos ang kanyang buhok. "Fine, but let's not scare her, okay?" he started walking.

"Fuck, you're still smitten," Waze tsked at him.  Umiling-iling pa ito sa kanya at ngingiti-ngiti. He just ignored the man.

"She lives here?" Waze asked him. He just nodded his head. "And Secretary lives there?" turo ulit nito sa isang malaking building ng apartment ng kanyang kapatid.

"Uh huh," he just answered Waze. Hindi rin siya nito titigilan kaya sinabi niya na lamang.

"Really? What a small world, now I know why you decided to take your company here," Waze nodded his head.

Well, his friend was right. Nahanap na niya si Secretary after almost two years of missing. And he couldn't believe it! His little sister was too witty to hide here. Talagang kinuntsaba pa nito si Yasen at talagang nagtago pa ang dalawa sa kaniya. He couldn't believe it, he thought they were each other's savior, but, it was already in the past. All he could do at the moment was to make sure that Secretary was fine. Lalo na ngayon, tila baliw na rin sa pag-ibig ang kapatid niya.

"Kuya, Kuya!" nawala saglit kay Secretary ang kanyang isipan nang kalabitin siya ni Waze. "Look, look!" Parang batang saad nito sa kanya at tinuturo ang bahay ni Maria.

Mabuti na lamang at nasa loob sila ng kanyang kotse at nagpark siya ng ilang metro ang layo sa bahay nito para hindi sila nito mahalata.

He saw how she opened her room's window and then how she took a deep breath as the wind welcomed her face. She looked like a real goddess, the way the wind brushed her hair making it move was way too beautiful. He couldn't help but to let a smile while looking at her face.