CHAPTER 39

I'm standing  on the roof of the school building oblivious to the sudden rainfall. I feel numb and paralyzed from everything.

I move closer to the edge, my heart not pounding from any sort of fear. How could I be afraid, I have just experienced my worst fear so now I'm no longer afraid. I don't fear anything anymore, not even death.

I have never tried to jump off a building before or rather Aurora never tried that when she attempted to kill me all those times. I think it's the most effective way to kill yourself, nothing can go wrong.

His face is the only thing in my mind as I prepare to jump. I keep seeing the hurt, the disappointment and fear on his face. I think his fear of who I really am is what me the most. If he can't accept me I don't see the point of going on living as what I am.

"Heaven what are you doing?"

And she's back. The voice in my head, except she's not just a voice in my head. To me she's real because I can see her and she also has the ability to turn my life upside down. Tonight proved just how much Aurora can ruin my life.

"I'm giving you want, what you have always wanted." I tell her without looking back at her.

"No Heaven, I don't want that. Please don't jump."

I laugh lightly. "Why the change of heart? You have wanted me dead ever since I was born. Why won't you let me jump? You will get what you want, my body." I don't really know if she will want it after I have jumped off the building. Maybe that's why she doesn't me to jump, my body will be disfigured.

"I was wrong Heaven and I apologise. I was just desperate. Please, don't do it."

She sounds so sincere, too bad I'm past caring at this point. "I forgive you Aurora and that's why I'm giving you full control of my body. I don't need it anymore. It's yours now." I start to move closer to the edge, ready to surrender.

"What about Sky?"

It's a desperate plea on her part and it's enough to halt me. This time I turn to look at her, furious that she would mention him.

"How dare you mention him? This is all your fault!" I shout at her.

"I know and I'm sorry. I didn't think of you, I just miss James...."

"Of course you didn't think of me! You only think of yourself and I pay the price." I'm crying now. "I have him. He doesn't want me, I saw it in his eyes. He hates me."

"No he doesn't."

"Stop talking like you know him because you don't. He is never going to want me back and just like you can't live without James, I can't live without Sky. He's everything to me and now I have lost him." I continue to cry. "You were right, nonhumans shouldn't fall in love, it hurts to much to be enslaved to someone who doesn't want you."

"Heaven please think about this."

I look away from her, retreating back to my position. I'm not letting her talk me out of this.

I have already thought about this, many times before. Maybe Aurora manipulated me in the past but she gave me an idea on how to take my own life.

I close my eyes, ready for it to be over. Who knows, maybe it won't be as painless as I always imagined.

"Heaven!"

This time it isn't Aurora's voice that stop me.

I turn around for the second time, my heart pounding as my eyes confirm what my ears already knew.