CHAPTER 44

My father is fuming and he hasn't even heard the best part yet. Honestly I don't think I have ever seen him this angry before.

Maybe I should have listened to Sky and taken him up on his offer to stand by me as I tell my father that we are going to get married.

Even Ella offered to come with me, after she got over the shock of course. She was confused and annoyed with the fact that the Rosemont sisters had learnt the news first, and she even asked if I was pregnant.

But after clearing that up, she got all excited and even offered to help with the planning of the wedding. I don't know how she will work together with the Rosemont sisters.

It's one less thing to worry about which is a relief considering the problem I'm currently facing, my father.

Well, let's get this over with.

"Aren't you going to say something?" He finally asks me, his clipped voice letting me know just how angry he is.

I have a lot to tell him actually, starting with the fact that I'm now engaged but I doubt now is the best time to tell him that, even with his wife by his side to calm him down.

"I'm sorry I stayed out late." I say quietly, knowing full well this excuse is not going to cut it.

"Stayed out late!" My father fumes and if it weren't for the fact I saw that coming, I would have jumped in fear.

"Aaron," his wife tries to calm him, "Don't shout at her."

He ignores Alice. "You weren't home for two days! You call that staying out late?" He angrily asks.

"I know you are upset___" I start but he interrupts me.

"Upset?" He shouts, "No I'm angry but with myself. I should have never let you go to that school and I definitely shouldn't have allowed to keep seeing that boy. Ever since you started going out with him you have been getting worse and worse. You are going to break up with him and I'm pulling you out of that school!"

I knew this was coming, I was expecting it but I was secretly hoping my father wouldn't resort to such drastic measures.

"Maybe that isn't necessary," my stepmom chips in, trying to take control of the situation. "She did apologise and I'm sure she won't do it again. Right, Heaven?" Alice asks me.

But my father is too angry to listen to his wife. "I don't care! I have made up my mind. She won't be going back to that school and she's definitely not going to see that boy anymore."

"I'm sorry." I finally speak out. "But that's not going to happen."

"What?"

"I'm not going back to being homeschooled and I'm definitely not going to break up with Sky." I tell him calmly, knowing full well that I'm defying his wishes.

"Heaven___"

"Sky and I are going to get married and there's nothing you can do to stop that from happening."

Alice and Ronnie are stunned by my revelation but my father looks like I just shared the worst possible news. His face completely loses color and I can feel the many emotions radiating off of him, confusion, disbelief and anger.

"What did you just say?" He asks after letting the news sink in.

"Sky and I are getting......"

"Have you lost your mind?" He dares to interrupt me again. "You have only known this boy for what, a few weeks, and you decide to marry him? Did you stop taking your medication?"

And just like that he has crossed a line. I knew he wouldn't take the news well but now he's taking it too far.

"Will you stop treating me like I'm damaged!" Now it's my turn to shout. "For once in your life just treat me like a normal person." Well, maybe I'm not entirely normal but he doesn't know that. "I don't need any medication and I don't need to be homeschooled. I'm fine!"

"The fact that you think that only proves my point...."

"That's just it dad, you don't want me to get better because that would mean living a life you don't control!" I'm crying now, how many times am I going to cry today? "I'm sorry I'm not the daughter you wanted, I'm sorry I'm not normal enough for you but this is me and you have to accept me." I don't wait for him to say anything, I start to leave for my room, desperate to be alone.

"Heaven?" My father's voice stops me in my tracks. I don't look at him but by the sound of his voice, he sounds like he's on the verge of tears.

"You don't have to say anything, I'm going to marry Sky, with or without your blessing."

Once in my room I sit cross legged on my bed. There was a time when sitting in my room was the highlight of my day, way before I was leading this dangerously exciting life.

I heard my father's thoughts, well I heard all their thoughts but my father's really got to me, maybe that's why I snapped at him.

I can't stand it when people refer to me as the bipolar kid who needs medication to be normal. And I really hate the word normal.

I have spent most of my life trying to be 'normal' only to realize I was anything but.

In head he was thinking that if I hadn't gone to school and had never met Sky, I would be okay and probably normal. But I refuse to believe that, Aurora was living inside of me long before I went to school and I'm pretty sure one way or another I would have met and fallen in love with Sky Gomez.

My cellphone vibrates, distracting me from my thoughts. I smile immediately when I see a text from my boyfriend or should I say fiancee.

I miss u too. His text reads and it makes me laugh.

And how do you know I miss u?

U re obsessed with me remember.

I smile at his words, he knows me so well.
I also luv u very much so it's not just an obsession.

I luv u too. Tell mi how ur dad took the news.

And just like that my smile disappears.
I ll tell u tomorrow.

Dat bad huh?

U ve no idea.

Still wanna marry me?

More than anything.

That's all that matters, Sky is what matters most to me. He comes first then the rest of the work and that includes my family.

Maybe my dad will never accept our relationship or even understand the depths of our feelings for each other but Sky understands and accepts me and I guess that's enough for me.