CHAPTER 56

Send your dreams where nobody hides
Give your tears to the tide
No time
No time

It's official, Wait is now my new favorite song. It's calming and distracting enough. It makes me feel like I'm in a different world, one where I can go to sleep and actually dream peacefully.

But unfortunately I'm not in that world, I'm in this one, this never ending nightmare that is my life.

I have to say, if it weren't for my unconditional love for Sky, I would save Soliaire the trouble and just kill myself because this is seriously getting out of hand.

I even feel like a prisoner in my own house. With all these intruders invading my house in the middle of the night, I'm starting to feel out of place here.

Amelia removes my earphones. "You are not a prisoner." She assures me. "We just want to keep you safe."

"If you want me to be safe, then why is she still here?" I at Zaralina then back at Amelia. "Why is she still here?"

"She wants to protect you."

I look at her like she's lost her mind. "She killed James!" I can't believe I have to remind them about everything she's done. "She tried to kill me and she's the reason my father and sister are at the hospital!"

"I know." Zaralina speaks up, she's no longer on her knees. Thank God, it was making me very uncomfortable. "I will spend the rest of my life asking for your forgiveness but for now I need to protect you."

"I don't need your protection." I don't even want her near me after everything she's done.

"I'm afraid you do." Nikolina says. "None of us are comfortable with this but we need Zaralina, the three of us can't protect you on our own."

"But I'm strong...."

"And you also have a weakness. Soliaire knows that and he's going to use it against you."

My heart thumbs, I know exactly what that means. My weakness is Sky and they will use him against me.

"But why the change of heart?" I ask Zaralina. "You were determined to break me, to serve me to your master." I shiver as I remember how it felt to have her in my head, hurting me like that.

Zaralina moves closer to me but this time I don't step back. I know she won't hurt me and even if she tries, my sisters won't let her.

She places her hand on my cheek. "You are different but in a good way. Your heart is pure, there's too much light inside of you. And unlike Soliaire, you are a true savior and my loyalty lies with those who save others."

"We can trust her." Cassandra declares.

Ok, I may be starting to trust her a little but I still don't understand something. "But why do I need so much protection? Why now, you weren't panicking yesterday when you found out I was going to die."

They look at each other before Amelia finally answers. "Soliaire is coming." She says.

"What?"

"He's fed up of sending demons to bring you to him, he's decided to come for you and finally kill you." Zaralina explains. "And he's not coming alone."

"He's bringing his demons?"

"Not exactly."

I frown. "I don't understand, who else could he bring?"

"Soliaire has his demons, yes, but there are only a handful of demons that he trusts and those are the ones that were once angels, like me."

Suddenly it hits me, I think I know just who those particular demons are. I don't know if it was a vision or a dream but I remember having an encounter them.

"These demons, how many are they?" I ask, needing a confirmation of what I already know.

"You already know Sarrtina. There's Zacharrie and Hasiah and they are just as dangerous as Sarrtina, if not more. Then there's Achilles."

"She's the blonde?"

"Yes." Zaralina says. "What makes her truly evil and vicious is the world of pain which has created so much darkness inside of her."

For some reason I want to know more about this Achilles. When I saw her in my dream I felt like I knew her from somewhere, her eyes were oddly familiar. But it could be because all these nonhuman eyes look very similar.

"Maybe you should go to sleep now." Amelia starts to lead me to my bed. "You have had a long day and you should rest."

I'm too exhausted to argue, maybe I should sleep. I need to digest all this and what better way to that than sleeping?

"We are going home but Zaralina is staying here with you." Amelia kisses my forehead. "Good night sister."

"Good night." I fall asleep seconds later.

Where am I? How did I get here and why won't let me go. The two men holding me are very strong and I can't fight both at them at once. I keep trying to wriggle out of their grasp but it's fruitless, they are not letting me go.

"Now." Says a feminine voice as if she's a giving an order.
As soon as she orders, the two men surprise me by grabbing both my wings and pushing me forward so they can tear out my wings.
I scream with rage as the pain consumes me and causes me to fall to the ground.
I don't stop crying because the pain is so uncontrollable, something I have never felt before.
Suddenly I feel someone grab a handful of my hair, forcing me to look up at them and it's her, Achilles.
"Is it done?" In walks in Soliaire.
"Yes, master." Achilles answers him. She lets go of me, leaving me at the mercy of her master. "Shhhh." He purrs to me, his hand trailing from my face, down to my body. "It will all be over soon."
"Please..." I beg as I continue to cry out in pain.
His hand rests on against my chest. "Welcome to hell, Heaven." He drives his hand through my chest so fast that I don't see it coming. His hand connects with my beating heart and the last thing I see is his wicked and cynical smile before he tears out my heart and finally kills me.