CHAPTER 30

He's in my arms, his head buried in my neck and my lips pressed against his hot skin. We have been in the lab for over twenty minutes now our make up make out session is partly over, mostly due to Sky's reluctance to have sex on school premises. But we have yet to let go of each other. Personally I'm still reeling from everything that just happened and only in his arms do I find the solace that I'm desperately craving. We are both silent, both of us still too caught up in our intimate moment to think about anything else.

Today, like most days in my life, has been eventful and tiring. Just thinking about it makes my head spin. Being with Sky helps put my mind at ease but sometimes not even the presence of the love of my life helps with the chaos that seems to be my life. Like when Aurora is in control.

Lately Aurora has been making it impossible for me to ignore her presence inside of me and everytime the demon takes over my body it's just as impossible to think of anything else other than satisfying her desires. When I think of how ready I was to pounce on my poor classmate, I shiver with fear.

But Aurora wouldn't have cared. She was ready to attack him, to have him beneath her with her teeth sunk deep in his flesh. She was going to have moaning and groaning in pain because his cries would only make her want him more.

And since she doesn't have a body, I would have been the one feeling all those things. It would have been my teeth in Daniels neck. The part of me that is connected to her felt her need, her desire.

And now with Sky so close to me I'm having familiar feelings. I can hear the sound of his heart beating, I can feel the warmth of his blood. He's just so near that it's hard to tell which kind of desire I'm feeling in this moment, Aurora's or my own.

"Heaven?"

"Hmmmm." I reply distractedly.

"It's time to go." He says but I don't make any move to let go of him. "Are you listening to me?"

"I don't want to let you go."

"Heaven, now isn't the time." He tries to remove my grip on him but I tighten it and he sighs in exasperation. "I have to go. Phoebe is waiting."

At the mention of the wannabe boy stealer's name, I immediately release Sky. "What!"

He runs his hand through his hair. "She's helping me out with biology."

"What?" I repeat.

"I missed class today and she's helping me catch up. You have a problem with that?" He asks, as if daring me to say I do have a problem with it.

For a moment I don't understand why he's asking me that but then I realize what he's actually saying. He thinks his 'study date' with Phoebe is justified since it's my fault that he missed biology class today.

"Good." He pats my shoulder, ignoring my anger. "I knew you would understand." He kisses me softly on the mouth before quickly exiting the laboratory.

I don't have time to process exactly what just happened as seconds after I'm trailing after Sky. The hallway is now filled with other students as it's now dismissal time.

I don't have to be a mind-reader to know that Sky is running away from me, it's clear with how he's aggressively brushing against our fellow schoolmates as if he's being chased. He's clearly trying to avoid our pending confrontation. Well unfortunately for him I catch up with him before he can actually get away.

"You are having a date with Phoebe!" It's not really a question.

Sky is taken aback by my tone and he's not the only one. Other students passing by turn to look at me like I'm making a scene but I don't care, it's none of their business anyway.