CHAPTER 25

James's grip on me is far too strong for me to easily shake off. He's never touched me like this nor has he ever been this aggressive before, well there was that time he was defending me from that wild girl who wanted to kill me but other than that he's never acted like this before. I don't even have to hear his thoughts to know what he's thinking because I can feel all the emotions radiating off of him.

He's enraged at the possibility that his precious Aurora has betrayed him with another man. But at the same time he still loves her. I almost feel bad for him. It must be harad seeing the woman who you believe to love in another's arms. But that's the problem, I'm not the woman he thinks I am. And he sure as hell doesn't deserve my sympathy, not with what he's thinking. He wants to break Sky, my Sky.

The possibility of him getting his hands on Sky feels me with rage. And seeing the images that he's conjuring in his mind just makes everything worse. Petrified that he might actually get his hands on Sky, I use all my strength to get out of his grasp.

James is startled by the fact that I have just effortlessly manhandled him. I'm a little shocked too but I dare not show him that. He stumbles onto the ground and the shock in his eyes is somehow visible even though it's dark. I'm pretty sure I'm not my usual self right now so I don't question how I'm able to see this clearly in the dark. James's confusion grows when he's sees his precious Aurora stalking over him. I guess the demon version of me never stood up to him, well guess what, I'm not Aurora! And it's time dear James understood that.

I don't give him the chance to run away or question my attack on him, I grab a handful of his long dark hair and drag him across the alley. Without any sort of warning I toss his body onto the wall, the same wall he tossed my boyfriend onto earlier. Perhaps that's why I'm acting so violently, the thought of Sky being hurt or mistreated in any sort of way enrages me and I will do just about anything to protect him from any form of danger.

I stand before him, his body trapped between myself and the brick wall. For the first time since I have known I see a foreign emotion in his eyes. Fear. It's all over his face, fear that I really might not be his Aurora after all. The human inside of me wants to feel some sort of sympathy for this demon who lost the love of his life under tragic conditions but the nonhuman side of me remembers how vicious he was towards my love and decide sympathy is the last thing that this monster deserves.

"I am not Aurora!" I angrily confirm what is possibly his worst fear.

He rises to his feet. Inspite of my violent act towards him just mere seconds ago, he reaches out to stroke my face. The look on his face brings back my human side as my heart start to ache for this heartbroken nonhuman. The rage he was feeling minutes earlier has completely vanished and has been replaced with fear and denial.

"No no no!" His is filled with anguish. He doesn't want to believe that I'm not her but deep down he knows it's true.

"I'm not her." I repeat but this time my voice is calm. "I'm Heaven."

"But you look...." He can't bring himself to finish the sentence. "She's never coming back." He mutters and I start to feel his hand fall from my face.

I immediately place my hand on top of his to stop him from removing his hand from my face. Suddenly I just want to hold him, to soothe and comfort him. He just lost his Aurora for a second now and it's not easy, not even for a demon. I can see the tears shining in his eyes and I'm pretty sure that's exactly how my eyes look right now. I guess even monsters cry too. But looking at him right now I don't see a monster or a demon , I just see a wounded creature which just wants to reunite with the love of it's life.

"James." I close my eyes knowing that what I'm going is going to change everything even though it feels like the right thing. "She's inside of me." I whisper.