CHAPTER 40

"Heaven." I hear her calling my name but I can't see her. I look around for her but she's nowhere to be found.
"Heaven." She says again. "Run Heaven, they are coming for you."
"What?" I ask, confused. Just who is coming for me?
"Run. They are going to kill you!" The anguished voice says again and I start to run, not knowing where I'm going or who I'm running from
But I don't get far. The girl, the angel turned demon with red hair catches up to me. Suddenly I'm on the ground with her towering above me, smiling cynically. "You are going to die dear angel." She says before grabbing me, bringing her teeth to my flesh. She's going to kill me!
"No!" I shout, trying to get out of her grasp. "No  no!" I shout again, except this time it's not like only me, Sky is also screaming. Wait, Sky?

I wake up with a jolt. Sky is tossing and turning beside me, screaming out the word no. He's having a nightmare. I immediately turn on his bedside lights before shaking him so I can wake him.

"No no no!" He shouts in agony.

"Sky, wake up!" I shake him again and he opens his eyes. He looks confused and agitated. "Are you okay?" I ask but instead of replying he throws himself into my arms, hugging me tightly.

I hug him back in spite of his sweat. He's really shaken up and it's so unlike him. What the hell was he dreaming about?

"It's ok, I got you." I try to soothe him but he's practically shaking. "It was just a dream."

"It was a nightmare." He whispers. I had a nightmare too but I'm used to them and now isn't the time to make this about me.

"Don't worry, no one is going to hurt you." Ever, I add silently. No one is ever going to hurt because I will always protect him. Me, his guardian angel.

"Heaven they weren't hurting me, they were hurting you." He tells me and I remove my head from his neck so I can look at him.

"What do you mean?" I ask but I already know, his eyes says it all.

"In my dream they were killing you whilest I watched." He tells me, his voice filled with fear.

Weird thing is I had a similar dream, well not really. In my nightmare he wasn't there, thank God, and I didn't actually die, she just told me I was going to die, wishful thinking if you ask me.

"Who's they?" I ask him.

"A girl with red hair." Oh no. "I don't really know her but ......" He stop abruptly. "Do you know her?" He asks and I know I can't lie, I promised I wouldn't.

I nod. Now I'm scared, not of Sky's nightmare, but of the possibility that they can actually get to Sky.

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

I give him a weak smile. "Yes yes, don't worry it was just a dream, okay."

"If it was just a dream then why do you look so worried?"

Because I'm worried about you, I want to say but I decide against it. It won't do any help to tell Sky that. "No reason. Let's go back to sleep." I add quickly.

Before I can pursuede him go back to sleep, he places both his hands on either sides of my face. "Heaven tell me the truth, are you going to die?" He's looking at me straight in the eye, his eyes giving away his vulnerability.

I grab his hand and kiss it. "Babe I'm not going to die." My heart twists as I say the words because I'm not really sure if I'm being honest with him. The truth is I don't know what is going to happen to me.

"Promise me." He pleads.

"I'm not going to die." I don't hesitate to make that promise. "I will never leave you." I say before kissing him softly on the mouth.

We fall back on the bed, facing each other whilest holding each other. He's still very worried about me and I will do anything to ease those worries. Now that he's truly accepted me for what I really am, I don't need him to worry about me, all I want is his unconditional love.

"Heaven?" Sky murmurs my name after a few minutes of silence.

"Hmmmm?"

"Do you remember when you asked me what my greatest fear was?" He asks but before I can answer him he continues to talk. "I said death but I was wrong. My greatest fear is losing you and it took seeing you in another man's arms to realize that."

My races, he's saying everything I have ever hoped for but never dared to think it would happen. I have always known that Sky adores me but the fact that he might be afraid of losing me has never crossed my mind.

"Sky," I caress his cheek. "You will never lose me and what happened with James, that wasn't me....."

"I know I know but it was hard watching you kiss someone else. Even though you say it's not you, all I could see was my girlfriend having an intimate connection with someone else."

"Sky listen to me, I would never cheat on you. I love you too much to ever be in another's arms." I sound desperate but he's probably used to it by now. "There's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?" I can tell he's nervous, wondering what I could possibly have to tell him now.

"The reason you saw a deep connection between James and I was because there is one."

What is she talking about?

I immediately hear his thoughts. "The girl inside of me, Aurora, she was an angel and she was inlove with James. And well, when nonhumans fall in love particularly angels, they become enslaved to the person who they are inlove with." I explain as best as I can. "So what you saw was Aurora reacting to the object of her affections."

"Wait, what do you mean enslaved? Does that mean you...."

"Yes." I reply quickly, now that he knows there's no point in hiding everything else. "I'm enslaved to you. My feelings for you make you the center of my world and I will do anything to please you." I lean in and kiss him. "But it's not only the angel in me, the human side of me would die for you too, pleasing you makes me happy and I love you to death, not because I'm an Angel but because I'm Heaven and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you." I say against his mouth.

"So you are my slave?" He asks.

"Well, sort of." His thoughts are constantly changing so it's a little hard to see what he's thinking at the moment. "This doesn't change anything, I'm still the same person." I quickly add.

Sky doesn't say anything, instead he starts to caress my cheek. "Well at least now I know why you are so obsessed with me." He says teasingly. "And you are right, it doesn't change anything, I love you just the way you are."

I laugh a little as tears of joy stream down my face. "I love you just the way you are too."

"As you should, I'm your master."

I know he's only teasing but he's right, he's my master. I live for him and I would die for him.