CHAPTER 29

As Cassandra unbuttons the last of her shift buttons my heart is beating so fast that I'm sure Cassandra and her sisters can hear it. Aurora's need and excitement is radiating throughout my whole body. I'm trembling with a feeling that resembles desire. Watching Cassandra remove half her clothing in preparation to satisfy Aurora's hunger has me shivering and breathing hard.

"We only have a few minutes." Nikolina says. "Let her out." She orders softly, clearly referring to Aurora.

I don't wait for her to say it twice or rather Aurora doesn't. Before I can get my hands on her, our eyes meet and I'm briefly Heaven again. For a few seconds I contemplate fighting Aurora instead of giving in to her. But I know going against her will not be easy and since she's inside of me, there's no ignoring any of her needs.

It's okay. You can do this.

Cassandra's thoughts pull me away from mine. She's right, not only can I do this but I have to.

"Cassandra. Now." Nikolina persists and Cassandra just nods.

She pushes her hair to the side, clearly exposing her neck. And just like that Aurora takes over. I grab Cassandra and immediately sink my teeth in her neck. She succumbs and even holds onto me but that doesn't satisfy Aurora who hasn't been able to feed in centuries.

Even though Cassandra is willingly offering herself me, it's not enough for the beast inside of me. I firmly hold Cassandra's head so that she has no chance of escaping me. I know this isn't for my benefit or satisfaction but I can't help but enjoy the euphoric feeling that comes with satisfying the soul of my dear friend Aurora. It's somewhat addictive and I feel as though a deep neglected need inside of me in finally receiving the treatment it deserves.

"Heaven." I hear Amelia's voice but thing, right now, I'm not exactly Heaven. "I think you have had enough."

It's not nearly enough.

I briefly remove my mouth from Cassandra's neck. "It's not nearly enough." I mimick Aurora's words before sinking my teeth back into Cassandra's neck, except this time it's deeper.

Cassandra groans in pain and tries to get out of my hold but she's way too weak to get out of my clutches. Ignoring her obvious agony, I continue to feed on her.

"Heaven let go of her now!" Amelia says and I hear a hint of anger in her voice.

"I can hear people approaching." Nikolina tells Amelia. "She can't stop on her own, you need to stop this now!"

Amelia moves so fast that I don't even see her blow coming. One second I'm lost in Cassandra and the next I'm on the bathroom floor wondering what the hell just happened.

My head is spinning and I'm still really confused about what just happened. I feel as though I'm only just now regaining ownership of the body that I had momentarily lost control of. I'm also not completely sure what I may or may have not done but as I watch Nikolina heal Cassandra's injured neck, the horrifying images of what Aurora and I did to her come back to haunt me.

Oh no! What did I do?

"Heaven, we don't have much time and right now I need you to be yourself. I need you to be Heaven and not Aurora."

But I'm not really listening because in this moment all I can think about is how much I have hurt Cassandra. Why did I give in to Aurora's sick needs? What was I thinking? Yes, that's right, I thought I could handle her but it turns out I can't really handle the beast that is Aurora. Not only did she make me hurt my sister but she made me enjoy it too.

"Heaven! You didn't hurt Cassandra, it was all Aurora." Amelia practically shakes me to get my attention. "Cassandra is fine."

"I hurt her." Is all I manage to say.