CHAPTER 31

Damnit! Aurora is gone again. I hate how she comes and goes as she pleases. And how does she do that anyway, it's my body, shouldn't I be in charge of her comings and goings?

And again she has left me with a ton of questions, as usual. I'm very confused but I have to admit this is the new normal for me. I think I'm getting used to it.

What I'm not getting used to, however, is how Aurora speaks of the so called Mistress Rosemont. She makes me doubt everything that the Rosemont sisters told me. For instance the fact that she called the woman who raised her evil is something I can't get out of my mind.

I don't want to doubt the Rosemont sisters because that further complicate my life and it would mean that they lied to me about everything, including the true nature of what I truly am.

But I can't help but think that there's some truth in what Aurora says. If all she did was choose James then why was she cursed? It sounds a little harsh if you ask me. And if Mistress Rosemont was the saint that my sisters proclaim her to be, why didn't she just banish Aurora instead of destroying her like that.

I don't know what to believe anymore but I'm starting to think that there's more to this story than what the Rosemont sisters told me.

I finally decide to remove my clothes. I put on a light summer dress as it is easier for both putting on and taking off. Just as I finish I hear a knock on my door which is strange since I thought I was home alone. Well maybe Ronnie came back.

When I open my door I'm surprised to see Alice along with Amelia, Nikolina and Cassandra behind it. I have a lot of questions but none are suitable in Alice's presence.

"Hi." I say.

"Hi sweetie." Alice replies. "I just got home and I bumped into these lovely girls. They are here to see you."

"Oh." Is all I say. I want to ask why they are here but that would be rude.

Before I can say anything Cassandra walks past my stepmother and pulls me into a tight hug. I quickly recover her ambush and hug her back.

"We wanted to see how you were doing." She tells me once she releasees me from her embrace.

"I'm fine." I say, trying to ignore the fact that she's stroking my hair right in front of Alice.

I know it's how they show their affection but I don't want Alice to think there's something weird going on here. Well something weird is going on here but Alice doesn't have to know that.

Alice doesn't seem to notice or maybe she doesn't find it weird that Cassandra is continuously touching me. It's not like it's sexual or anything but normal people don't behave like this.

"Well girls I will let you catch up. Call me if you need anything." She adds before leaving us, probably going into the kitchen to make us something.

Once Alice is gone I invite the Rosemont sisters in my room. It's not like I have a choice anyway, they are already in my house so I can't exactly get rid of them.

I was starting to grow fond of the Rosemont sisters. I was even starting to consider them to be my sisters but after what Aurora said I'm not sure how I feel about them anymore.

We all sit cross legged on my bed and that's when I notice a price tag on Nikolina's dress. Up until now I hadn't noticed that they are wearing matching blue dresses. And it's only now that I realize that these are probably new clothes.

"We bought them earlier." Amelia confirms what I have already figured out. "We wanted to look nice."

It shouldn't surprise me because that they would do something like buy new clothes just to come see me but somehow it does. "To impress me?"