CHAPTER 6

The rest of the day goes by like every other day. Ella is still upset over Kevin rejecting her for Amelia but I do my best to cheer her up by distracting her with questions of the party. It works of course because she goes on and on about how excited she is and how she plans on getting wasted so she can forget Kevin.

Being homeschooled for over 8 years did a number on me and living with Ronnie doesn't help much because she barely goes out. I have been trying on countless dresses and I still don't know what to wear. I know I'm putting extra effort because I'm also aiming at impressing Sky. I decide to wear a simple denim dress and pair it with platform boots.
I'm brushing my hair when I hear a light knock on my door.i see Ronnie standing by the door. "Hi." I say.

"Hey, you look nice."

"Thanks."

"Mum was wondering if you were joining us for dinner."

"No I'm going to a party." I say as I finish brushing my hair.

Ronnie frowns a little. "Party? What party?"

"A friend at school invited me and I already asked Dad and he said it's okay." I explain.

"Oh ,have fun then." She adds with a smile and I momentarily entertain the idea of going with. I immediately shake my head at the thought. No Ronnie and I aren't friends so there's no way I'm going to a party with her.

"You look lovely dear." Alice says when I go downstairs. She's sitting on the couch in my dad's arms.

"Yes though I have to say that dress is a little short." My dad says disapprovingly and Alice smacks him a little in the arm.

I roll my eyes at him. "Yes dad it's a party not church."

Alice chuckles. "Don't listen to him sweety you look great. Are you sure you can't stay for dinner though,it's almost done?" She looks so hopeful but I have to decline. "Ok then,have fun at the party."

"Ok bye."I wave at them before leaving the apartment. I'm grateful that my dad lent me his car of course he wasn't so thrilled about the whole idea but my stepmom convinced him.
I get behind the wheel and start the engine. When the garage doors open I begin to pull out of the building but immediately stop the car when I see a silhouette of a man right in front of the car. Fortunately I don't crush into the other cars whilest trying to avoid the man.

I'm breathing hard and fast as I try to figure out what exactly just happened. Maybe it was one of the other tenants in the building. But if I am being honest the man looked so still and no way shaken, he looked more like a statue but I still feel the need to go and apologize for nearly running him over.

In haste I unclip my seatbelt and get out of the car. I'm startled when I don't see anyone in the garage. I walk a few steps away from the car in search of my almost victim but I still don't see him. "Hello?" I shout with a shaky voice. "Is anyone here?"

Suddenly all the lights in the garage started acting up as they switched on and off repeatedly. Someone was messing with me for sure. "I'm sorry ok ,I didn't see you!" I shout hoping whoever he is he will take pity on me,show himself and accept my apology rather than this taunting.
The lights seem to have calm down because they are nolonger going on and off. I sigh in relief but as start to make my way back to car the light right beneath me explodes and the shards of glass fall around me.

Now I'm scared ,I thought this was some mindless prank to teach me a lesson but now I actually fear for my life. Without thinking much I send a text to Ronnie asking her to meet me in the garage. I nolonger feel safe by myself so I don't really care if Ronnie and I are friends all I know is I'm not going out by myself.