CHAPTER 4

I wake up early the next day.I don't want Ronnie barging in and making a fuss about me being late. Surprisingly my stepmom is already making breakfast for my dad and Ronnie.
"Hi." Ronnie says "I was about to come and wake you."

"Oh you don't have to do that." I say and sit next to her.

"You are up early today." My dad comments.

"Well I am going to school so I figured I should be early.

Alice smiles at me. "Do you want anything sweetie?" She asks sweetly.

"Yes I will have what they are having." While Alice is preparing my food I decide to bring up a sensitive subject to my father."Dad." my dad looks at me."I was wondering if you could get me an appointment with Riley."

Everyone is taken aback by my request because I had not seen my therapist since my last episode so naturally they were all alarmed.
"Honey is something wrong?"my dad's voice is full of anguish.

"No , everything is fine I just need to see her.I had originally cancelled my appointments for these week but I don't think it was a good idea."

Not knowing what to say my dad just nodded ,Ronnie squeezed my hand ,a gesture of support which I was grateful for and my stepmom hugged me."I think that's wonderful sweetie." She said and kissed my cheek.

My family's reaction towards the fact that I still relied on my therapist left me in awe. I always knew they were decent people but the fact that they give me their unconditional support amazed me.I was not the easiest person to live with especially for Alice and Ronnie who were at times subjected to my cold attitude and indifference.
I guess some might say I have an excuse for not always perfect behavior.My life was not a typical one ,I was adopted by Aaron Ross and his wife Lauren when I was two years old. They already had an older daughter though, my other sister ,Brianna who now lives in New York. Unfortunately I Lauren died when I was seven and it took a toll on my already fragile mental health.I was a mess after mom died and that's when I started seeing Miss Riley Stevens who came to the conclusion that I suffered from bipolar disorder.
When dad married Alice it was easier for Brianna to accept her as a second mom than it was for me. I had already lost two mothers so I didn't wanna risk loving a third one then losing her as well.

After my dad dropped me off at school I immediately spot Ella and Sky and now that I am paying attention I can actually see the resemblance between the two. They both have bright blue eyes and their hair is the same shade of blonde.
"Hey Evie." Ella greets me excitedly. "I love your boots."

I blush a little at her compliment and thank her. Honestly my boots are similar to hers just a little high on the platform but still similar. "What about you Sky, don't you like my boots?"

"Not really." He says and I'm not surprised, somehow I knew he would say that.

"Sure you do ."I smile at him then lean closer to him so Ella won't hear. "I think you may even like me too."

That catches him off guard as he actually stares at me with wide eyes. "Hmmmm....."

"Easy I'm not proposing marriage." I interior him. "I'm just saying." I whisper and notice that Ella is moving further and further away from us."What do you say Sky?"

"Evie let's get to class!"Ella shouts breaking my little"moment" with Sky.

"Be right there!" I shout back and turn my attention back to Sky.
"I will see in class ,partner." I wink before running off to catch up with Ella.

I feel a pang of annoyance when I realize I only have one class with Sky. I don't know but I just wanna be close to him for some reason.

He of course doesn't make it easy for me ,when I enter the chem lab he rolls his eyes when he sees me but I'm not one to give up.
"Hey partner."I say and attempt to kiss his cheek but he stops me by grasping my shoulders.

"You do know that us being chemistry partners doesn't make us mates for life , right?" He says with no humor what's so ever.

His less than friendly behavior doesn't put me off however as I start gigling at his comment."I understand that but with your hands on me like that it's a little impossible." He immediately removes his hands on me and I giggle again.

He shakes his head."You are impossible."

"I know."

The teacher comes in and she starts going on about mixing acids and how we might have an experiment later in the week. Of course I'm only mildly paying attention but Sky is seriously dedicated as he is writing down everything and listening to everything the teacher's saying.
I tear a paper out of my book and write a note for Sky seeing I can't talk with the teacher conducting a lesson.

I like you too I write and pass it over to him. He looks at me then he reads it. I watch as his eyes widen after reading it.
"Is this a joke?" He must have forgot we are in class because he shouts gaining everyone's attention including the teacher's.

"Miss Ross ,Mr Gomez what is going on?" The teacher asks as she makes her way towards us.

"Mrs Williams, the thing is..."Sky begins but Mrs Williams notices the note and grabs it.
""I like you too."" She reads out loud and everyone bursts out laughing. "Hmmm you even put a heart on it too. You are quite the poet Mr Gomez." She refers to Sky and I see a wave of embarrassment on his face.

"Actually the note came from me ,Mrs Williams." I interject and she looks shocked.

"I know you are new here but love notes in my class are unacceptable."

I nod ."So I will let you off with a warning ,both of you." She begins to walk back to the front of the class but I stop her.

"Um would you give Sky the note please.I would really like him to have it." Again everyone laughs and I'm glad Ella is amused as well seeing as this is her brother I'm talking about.

Mrs Williams rolls her eyes then practically tosses the note by direction. I pick it up then hand it over to him. I notice that even though most of my fellow classmates are amused by my little stunt the Rosemont girls are far from it. The look on their faces leaves me unsettled. Nikolina is looking at me with a face which resembles disappointment whilest the other two look back and fourth and murmur something I can't make out. What is their problem? Do they want Sky or they just dislike anything having to do with me?