CHAPTER 26

I'm surprised when my parents, my dad especially, don't make a fuss about my so called date. I briefly wonder if my dad was waiting for me and if Alice decided to keep him company as they are watching TV this late in the night. I greet them quickly before excusing myself and going to my bedroom.

I start to remove my clothes as my tub fills with water. Once I'm done I step into the warm water. I'm exhausted and I just want to close my eyes and forget all the bad things that happened today but I know this is just the beginning of all that's set to come. Who knows maybe tomorrow I will wake up with a new pair of eyes or different kind of hair. As my eyes close, no doubt from exhaustion, I start to wonder if any of this would have happened if I hadnt stopped homeschooling.

"Heaven."

I hear her calling my name in my sleep. If this was another day I would be freaking out but I have come to accept Aurora as a part of me, either that or I'm just too tired to care about her presence right now. I slowly open my eyes and see her before dressed in her usual white vintage dress. Come to think of it I have never seen her in anything else.

"Aurora." I address her as I sit up straight in the tub.

"You hurt him."

I sigh heavily. Not this again, I'm just too tired to deal with this right now. "I didn't hurt him." It's not entirely false, I just tossed him around and it's not like he didn't deserve it after what he did to Sky.

"You hurt him." She says again. "I saw it. He was hurt by your words. He's starting to give up on me."

I can hear the pain in her voice and it's hard not to sympathize with the woman who is the mirror image of me. "Aurora," I start, not really knowing what to say. How do you comfort someone you can only help by giving up your body? "I'm sorry."

"I need him. He's so close to me and I don't want him to slip away from me. Only you help me. I can't touch him without you, I can't kiss him without you. Only you, Heaven. I need you."

I decide it's best to continue this conversation whilest I'm dressed because I'm starting to get cold so I get out of the water and wear my bathrobe. Ican feel Aurora's gaze on me and it's making me uneasy. What do I say to her? I most definitely can't give her what she wants.

"I can't help you Aurora." I tell her before leaving the bathroom. But of course she follows me.

"Yes you can. You are the only person in this world who can. Please Heaven, help me."

"And why should I?" I ask her with a sharp voice. She's not a saint so why exactly does she feel that I'm inclined to help her. "You tried to kill me, remember? And not just once but many times. So why should I help you?" I'm yelling now but I don't care.

I want to continue shouting at her. Regardless of all she's lost, she put me through hell and even though I feel sorry for what happened to her but I simply can't forget the bad things she's done. I want to ask her why she did what she did but I'm interrupted by someone knocking on my door.

"Yes?" I answer and almost immediately Ronnie comes into my room. She's dressed in her pajamas and she looks tired. She must have been sleeping.

"Heaven are you okay?" She asks before yawning.

I'm momentarily stunned by the fact that she can't see Aurora. So it's really only me, huh."Yes yes, I'm fine." I assure her.

"Really? I thought I heard you screaming."

"Nightmare." I hope she buys it because it's pretty weird having her in my room with Aurora, well she can't see her but still it's pretty weird.

She nods. "Okay." For a moment she seems convinced but then she frowns. "Were you crying?"