CHAPTER 58

It takes me about two hours to explain everything going on to Sky. We have moved to the bed, deciding it's best to talk about this while sitting down, or in this case lying down.

"So if you are mistress, what does that make me, master?" He asks teasingly.

I lean up on my elbow to look at him, wondering just how he can be amused at a time like this. I swat his arm. "What is wrong with you?" I ask trying to sound serious but I can't contain my laughter.

He laughs too, grabbing me and pulling me on top of me. "Clearly missing so much school is messing with my brain."

"Yeah, clearly." I mock him, my fingers messing with his hair.

"Goes to show how much I love you. Before you, I had never skipped school but now I do it so naturally. You are so lucky I love you." Only Sky can be funny and sweet at the same time.

I start to kissing him, passionately on the mouth. He's surprised by the sudden invasion of my tongue in his mouth but he gets over it quickly, kissing me back almost immediately.

"I love you too, so much." I breathlessly tell him.

"I know." He's equally breathless. He starts to remove my top and I raise my arms to make the task easier for him.

I sit up in his lap, giving him access to my body and he takes full advantage of it. He kisses my skin, caresses it, making me crazy with want and desire. It's been so long since we have mad love and I'm so desperate to have him right at this moment that I would do just about anything.

I start to undress him, so impatient that I'm practically ripping off his clothes.

Once we are both fully naked, I start to kiss him again, eager to have him inside of me and from what I'm feeling I'm not the only eager party here.

"You want to do this?" I'm both moved and frustrated by the fact that he still feels the need to ask when I can already feel him so close to my throbbing core.

I nod. "Please make love to me Sky." I beg and he obliges, putting me out of my misery and bringing us closer in the most amazing way possible.

"Oh I love you Sky." I say as we move together. "I love you so much." I can feel the tears threatening to fall from my eyes. What is going on with me, why am I so emotional?

"Shhhh, I love you too." He continues to move inside of me and it's so intense that I don't ever want him to stop. I want us to be like this forever.

But unfortunately all good things must come to an end and this is no different. But I have to say, if today is my last day on earth, I will die a happy and satisfied person.

"I think we just made Moon." I say after finally catching my breath. I'm in the safe haven of his arms and right now, there's no place I would rather be.

He laughs out loud. "That's still a terrible name." He says, his arms wrapped tightly around me as if protecting me from something. I suppose in a way he is protecting me.

"No it's not." I say, snuggling closer to him. "You think all names are terrible. Remember when you made fun of my name?" It feels like it happened a really long time ago. We have really come a long way, from teasing each other about our names to falling in love and becoming each other's obsessions.

"In my defense you were this annoying girl who wouldn't stop talking to me."

I gasp, trying to feign outrage. "I'm offended. I wasn't annoying, I was trying to make a friend."

"Yeah right." He snorts. "Like you once ever saw me as a friend."

I have to admit he does have a point. I never wanted to be just Sky's friend, I wanted to be so much more and I'm happy to say, I succeeded, I got the guy.

"I wanted you and you were playing hard to get." I shrug as if it's the most natural thing to say.

"I really tried not to fall for you but it was just impossible."

I place my hands on either sides of his face. "You don't regret it, right?" I feel the need to ask even though and I can read his mind. It's just an insecurity of mine, I want to hear him say it and not rely on my unnatural talents. When it comes to him, I don't want to take any chances.

"Of course not." He assures me. "If anything I regret that I wasted so much time, we could have been together for a long time but now...."

I kiss him quickly, wanting him to shut up. I know where his train of thought is going and I won't let him get sad, not now when we are so happy.

"We have a lot of time, ok. We are going to be together forever."

He nods vigorously. "Ok." He says before burying his head into my neck.

We stay in silence, holding each other. It's peaceful but not for long. Because all of a sudden the natural sunlight starts to go dim, as if the a dark cloud is covering the sun.

"What's going on?" Sky asks me, just as alarmed as me.

"I don't know." I get off the bed and start to wear my clothes. "Maybe it's just the weather and it's nothing to worry about." I say this for Sky's benefit because I know full well that this isn't normal especially during this time of the day.

Sky doesn't look like he believes me but he doesn't say much about it either. "Ok."

Not soon after I'm finished wearing my clothes, my door barges open, revealing a somewhat breathless Zaralina.

"Mistress, we need to get out of here."

My heart rate spikes. "Why, what's happening?"

"Soliaire," she breathes, "He's here."

"Here?" Sky asks, fear evident in his voice. "But what is he doing here?"

"He's here to kill me." I know it pains him to here this but I don't think there's any way to sugarcoat it.

Sky rushes to stand next to me. "Then let's run away. We can go where he will never find us."

"That's impossible." Zaralina says. "We can run, yes, but hiding from him is nearly impossible."

"But we can try!" Sky snaps at her before looking back at me. "Let's run Heaven, we can do this." His eyes are shining with tears as he begs me to run away with him and as much as I want to say yes, I know Zaralina is right, we can never hide from him.

"I love you Sky...."

"No no!" He starts to shake his head. "Don't do this, please don't do this to me."

"I will stay alive I promise."

"No no no." He cries out.

"I will be fine, I have Zaralina and my sisters. They will protect me." I try to convince him that this is the only way but he's not listening.

"No I won't let you do this!" In a desperate attempt to stop, Sky quickly moves to the door, trying to block me from leaving.

The fact that he thinks he can stop me, when I'm way more stronger than he is, only makes me love him even more. But we don't have any time for this, he's only delaying the inevitable.

I grab him and pull him into my arms. I look into eyes and place my hands on either sides of his face. My mouth is inches away from him. "Sky," I whisper, "Go to sleep." I try out the trick Cassandra used on Ronnie.

Sky continues to look into my eyes and for a moment I wonder if it actually worked. But then his eyes close as he sinks into unconsciousness. I catch him before he can hit the ground. I place him on my bed and press a soft kiss on his lips. "I will come back, I promise."

"Are you sure about this?" Zaralina asks me.

I look at Sky, wondering if this is the last time I will ever see him. "Yes, I'm sure. Hopefully the Amelia, Nikolina and Cassandra will get here soon."

I can see that Zaralina is not confident about this but she doesn't voice her opinions. "Ok, let's do this Mistress." She holds out her hand and I take it.

It's now or never, time to face the devil.