CHAPTER 48

Aurora is fuming so I'm fuming. Between the lightning and the electric currents radiating off of me, I would say neither Aurora nor I are in control at this point.

I don't even know what is happening, everything is just so loud. James is on the ground screaming in pain and so is the demon girl. And it's because of me, I'm causing the noise and even though I want everything to stop, I just can't.

Aurora won't let me, she's scared because she's never seen James in so much pain. And between her and my powers, I'm out of control.

"Heaven?" His voice completely startles me. What is he doing here and is he real or just something my imagination conjured up? I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

"Sky?"

"You need to come down." He says quickly. "Amelia called 911 and they will be here soon so please get down."

What is he saying? I should get down and when exactly did he here? Is any of this real or is my imagination acting up again?

"Heaven, please get back on the ground." He says again only louder or is it the same tone of voice, I'm not exactly sure. "Please get down." He's practically begging me.

Then it hits me, he's looking up at me which can only mean one thing. I'm up in the air and my wings are spread. I'm flying and worlds apart from my normal self. He wants me to come down so that I can conceal my identity from everyone else. It's bad enough that I have let Aurora take over but I can never let any human see me for what I truly am, especially in broad daylight.

At Sky's orders I come down from my high, slowly morphing back into my human self and forcing Aurora back into her cage.

I'm almost dizzy when my feet hit the ground but Sky catches me, preventing me from falling.

"Are you alright?" He asks, fear and concern clouding his face.

I look around to see Cassandra holding Ronnie and Nikolina is hovering over James whilest Amelia is seemingly shielding me from Sarrtina and her demon sister, who by the way looks worlds apart from the demon who was hell bend on breaking me a while ago.

"What is she?" The girl breathlessly whispers to Sarrtina but of course I manage to hear her.

"You need to leave." Amelia tells them.

Surprisingly Sarrtina complies. She rises to the ground with her sister in her arms. "This is far from over." She says, looking at me rather than at Amelia.

I don't say anything. I just hold on tightly to my boyfriend, who is amazingly calm by the way.

Sarrtina unfurls her wings, ready to fly away. "Sarrtina!" But Cassandra's voice halts her.

I turn my gaze to Cassandra who has an expression I can't fathom. She's breathing hard and I swear there are tears shining in her eyes. She's still holding Ronnie but all her attention is on the redhead demon.

Sarrtina just gives her that chilling smile all demons seem to possess. "I will come back for you, I promise." She adds before finally flying away.

But I'm more confused than ever, who exactly is she coming back for, me or Cassandra?

"Are you alright?" Amelia asks, distracting me from Cassandra and her somewhat intimate interaction with Sarrtina.

I nod. "I'm ok." I'm still a little confused over what just happened but now isn't the time to go over all that. "Ronnie, are you okay?" I ask my sister who's looks shaken up.

She nods vigorously. "I'm fine, I'm fine. How about dad, he's still stuck under the car!"

"Don't worry he's fine." Amelia assures her. "We already called for help but your father is alive." Amelia says before nodding to Cassandra, giving her some kind of a go ahead.

Cassandra gets the signal and places her hand on Ronnie's cheek. To someone normal it's just a friend comforting her friend but I know better, Cassandra is trying to reverse Ronnie's memory, again!

"No!" I try to protest but it's already too late because Ronnie is already unconscious and falling helplessly into Cassandra's arms.

"Relax," Amelia says to me. "She just made her unconscious."

"Why?"

"In thirty seconds the ambulance will be here and it would look highly suspicious if two victims of the accident were on their feet. It's better to keep Ronnie asleep for a while especially after everything she's been through with Sarrtina."

I suppose that all makes sense. I don't even know why I was going to protest to Ronnie's memory being reversed, it would be better if she wasn't a part of this world. But it's too late now, she's already involved.

Approximately thirty seconds later help arrives and my father along with my sister are being strapped onto stretchers and driven to the nearest hospitals.

I don't really see the Rosemont sisters during all this. I suppose they must have quietly disappeared, taking James with them to avoid anymore problems.

For some reason it pleases me that they decided to help James even though it goes against everything they believe in. In spite of him being a demon, James isn't a bad person. He almost died whilest saving my life and for that I will be forever grateful.

Fortunately I only have scratches and skinned knees so I don't need to be put on a stretcher or anything dramatic. But I do want to go to the hospital, just so I can be near my father and my sister, they have been through hell because of me.

"Hey," Sky takes my hands into his. "Are you really okay? I have never seen you like this and I'm starting to worry."

I shake off his hands only to throw my arms around him. "I'm so scared. I thought I was going to die and never see you again." I'm suddenly crying uncontrollably, releasing all of those emotions I have been keeping inside infront of the others.

Sky strokes my back. "You are okay. You are not going to die because you are strong." His voice cracks a little but he continues, "I panicked when I had screaming. I immediately knew something was wrong. If something ever happened to you I would die."

"No no, don't say that. You are going to live...."

He pushes me back a little though his hands are still on my shoulders. "Yes I will live but only with you by my side so promise me." He looks so vulnerable that it breaks my heart.

"Sky...." I start but he interrupts me.

"Promise me you won't die, promise me you will never leave me. Promise me!" His eyes are brimming with tears and I'm pretty sure I'm crying too.

Before answering any questions I grab his head and press my lips against his, kissing him, wanting that physical and passionate connection that we have. I love him, I need him like I need the air I breathe and from the way he's kissing me, he feels the same way.

"I won't die, I won't you. I promise." I say against his lips. "I love you way too much to ever let anything or anyone separate us."

He tightens his hold on me. "Don't break your promise Heaven. You are everything to me and losing you would destroy me." He whispers.

"I won't break my promise and you won't lose. We will be together forever, I promise."

"Forever." He agrees with me and we hold each other in silence for a while longer.