CHAPTER 36

After the Rosemont sisters leave I stay by Ronnie's side. Cassandra had to reverse her memories for the second time and apparently she had to put to her to sleep as well.

As I watch her sleep I realize that Cassandra was right, Ronnie does look beautiful when she's asleep. Not that she's ugly but she just looks so pretty and serene when she's unconscious.

Even when she's asleep I can hear her thoughts or are they her dreams, I'm not entirely sure. But I'm sure of one thing, she's thinking about Cassandra.

It might be a little difficult to read or understand other nonhuman's thoughts but normal humans I can read just fine. Especially if they are as transparent as my dear stepsister.

She likes her, she likes her a lot. Just like Cassandra, Ronnie believes Cassandra is perfect. She also struggles to understand what's so appealing about Cassandra for she has never felt like this before.

I have to force myself out of her head because I don't want to know anymore about how much she admires Cassandra. I can't believe my sister has a crush on my nonhuman sister. Talk about complicated. I have to shut this down, nothing good will come out of this.

I'm not prejudiced, especially given the fact that I'm also a nonhuman who's dating a human but I remember Cassandra telling me that she already has a soulmate. I recall the bittersweet ending of that forbidden romance but it's still romance nonetheless. I don't want Ronnie to fall who loves someone else.

And like she said, Cassandra is an angel so there's no chance she will even entertain the idea of dating a human. They don't even approve of my relationship with Sky so I doubt they are open to the idea of dating humans.

But even though I know this, I also know what I saw between Cassandra and a sleeping Ronnie. If there are feelings involved they aren't one sided.

Once I'm back in my own room I decide to take a bath. After what Amelia and Nikolina told me about Aurora going on a rampage with my body I feel the need to clean myself.

But of course I can't even do that in peace because my dear demon friend chooses this exact moment to show herself. I don't want to face her right now mostly because I don't know what to say to her. I feel like I should be angry with her but at the same time I feel like I owe her my life.

"I have come to ask for your forgiveness."

Her words completely surprise me mostly because I wasn't expecting them.

"I lost control and that was wrong. I want to say it I'm sorry for how I ended his life but I can't bring myself to apologise for it."

"Then what are you apologizing for?" I ask.

"Scaring your sister. I'm very sorry."

I sit up straight in the tub. "It's all taken care of, don't worry."

"We both know it's not."

Yeah I know it's not. Ronnie may never remember seeing Aurora but at what cost? The more time she spends with Cassandra, the more attached she gets to her.

"Unfortunately your sister's heartache is inevitable. We have all been there. The only difference is she's human so the chances that an evil Mistress Rosemont will come and curse her are highly unlikely."

And just like that we have shifted from Ronnie to Aurora. I briefly wonder if Cassandra is right and Aurora is really just manipulating me. It seems plausible because Aurora does benefit from having on her side. Also there's the fact that she's always so tight lipped about the alleged evil deeds of Mistress Rosemont.