Chapter 69

~Ray~

The two days I'd spent at the fest was easily the worst days of my life. Three more days to go and I was already dying to get back home. I was tired of seeing Erica make a move on Zayn at every chance she got. I was tired of Zayn not making a move to push her off. I was tired of Josh asking me to not mope around. I was tired of acting like I don't care when I did. And I was fucking tired of pretending that I'd moved on.

I was tired of life.

Not even my own music gave me the assurance I needed. Nothing made sense anymore and I didn't expect it to because I didn't make sense anymore. o was so done done with everything that I found it myself to look past it all.

I hated that I was hopelessly in love with Zayn when I knew there was no hope for us. There was no hope because I messed up when I did have a chance at us.

I was such a fuck up.

I knew sometimes that my own fucking brother didn't want to be around me. So, I didn't want to burden him and stayed behind as the rest of my group had gone to see some new rock band that was playing tonight at the fest.

I wanted to numb whatever I was feeling. Maybe if I was numb then, I wouldn't feel anything at all.

~Zayn~

I sat in the hotel bedroom, my bare back against the headboard as I had my earphones plugged into my ears. The past two days had been hectic from spending the entire mornings at the music festival to seeing Ray.

Ray.

Things she still did to me.

Her very presence was enough to drive me into a frenzy.

Not until I saw her again, did I realise how much I'd missed her. How much of her kisses, her hugs, her smile, I'd missed. Not until then had I realised how much I loved her. How much I love her. But seeing her not only reminded me of our love, my love, but also her betrayal, that I still wasn't over. Not only had she shown me what love, satisfaction and feelings were but also what pain and betrayal was. Seeing her here at the fest was like her, slashing my hand with a knife and cleaning it up only to slash it again.

The picture of that kiss was engraved in my mind and I couldn't seem to get my mind of it. It stung so bad.

I wondered if she enjoyed the kiss. I wondered if she liked it. I wondered if I ever crossed her mind as she kissed back.

She betrayed me and left me, breaking every promise we ever made to each other. She left me so easily, it made me wonder if I ever meant something to her. If what we had meant something to her.

Everything about her stung and hurt. It was painful. A single tear rolled down my cheek as I threw my head back against he headboard, sniffling and drowning in my own fücking pity as to what I did to deserve all this agony. Only when I thought something was going to last forever it all had to be fake.

Only when I thought I was in love..

Only when I knew I was in love..

Suddenly my phone rang, making me jump in my place. I was startled and confused when I saw Ray's name flashing across my screen with a picture of the two of us kissing each other passionately. I hadn't paid attention to her number and this picture. I didn't have the heart to delete any of her pictures and so they were all safely saved in a folder which I hadn't opened since forever. I quickly pulled the earphones off, and attended the call, pressing the phone against my ear. I gulped heavily, nervousness filling my every vein.

"He-" I cleared my throat, "-Hello?!"

"Z-Zeus?" Her familiar, raspy voice slurred making me furrow my eyebrows in anticipation. "Zeussss.. you-" she hiccuped, "you there, Zeus..?!" She slurred again.