Chapter 21

A/N: Double Update!!

~Ray~

I quickly threw on my clothes. Nothing much, a simple blue green shirt and some worn out shorts. I slipped my flats on, put my shades and flipped my hair on final time and stepped out of my room, the exact same time Zayn did. I smiled at him, well, that was the first time we had even smiled at each other. I took a fast peek at his clothes. White shirt, Plaid shirt that was left unbuttoned over the shirt and skinnies. He looked fit, I must admit. But something was off. He didn't seem like he usually did.
No snarky comments.
No arrogant smirk.
No irritation.

Was it because of the almost kiss?!

Shut up! That was a mistake that was never meant to happen.

"Ready to go?!" I asked. He nodded and picked his keys and shades up from the coffee table and headed out. I quietly followed him for once. We were in the parking lot in no time and Zayn opened the passenger door for me. I smiled, weakly and thanked him nevertheless. He jogged over t the driver's and we were off.

Zayn looked straight ahead as he drove, while I sat there, fiddling with my fingers.

"Starbucks?!" He asked, finally talking.

I chuckled. "I don't care as long as you don't blow me off, yet another time," I said.

He smiled, weakly. "I didn't plan on it, either."

In no time, Zayn pulled ow r in front of the nearest Starbucks. We both stepped out only to be surrounded by a bunch of paps and fans. Zayn politely attended the fans while I quickly chatted with paps. I stopped for a few photos before we finally made it inside.
I stood in the line. A quite good looking waitress smiled, charmingly at me but it became flirtatious.

"What can I do for the two of you?!" She asked.

"A latte and some waffles, please," I said. I reached out my pocket for some money but Zayn gave his card.

"I'll pay for myself, Zayn."

He shook his head. "It's a date. It's on me." He turned to face the waitress who was taking my order. "I'll have the same."

We sat in one of the corner booths, near the window as we sipped on our lattes. I stole a quick glance at Zayn who seemed deep in thought.

"You okay?!" I asked, softly. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I raised my hands in surrender. "Geez, just asking, Zayn."

He smiled. "I know. It's just weird for me when you are all so soft with me. Answering your question, I'm okay. Thanks for asking," he said.

"Ummm... is it about last night?!" I blurted.

Zayn looked shocked that I even brought it up. "I-No. Well, about last night-"

I shook my head. "I know. Don't worry about it," I reassured him.

Do you?!

"You, sure?!" He asked.

I nodded. "I'm sure. Sorry, about the juice, though!" I shrugged.

He chuckled. "You better be. It got my hair all sticky."

I laughed. "I am. But, the question is are you really okay?! Like-really?! I know I'm the last person you would want to talk to, but still."

"Don't worry. I'm okay," he said but he sounded so unconvincing. I nodded not wanting to push him any further.

"You free, today?!" He asked me.

I nodded, biting on my waffle. "Yeah! What about you?!"

"I'm free, today. Do you have plans?!"

I gave him a look.