Chapter 40

A/N: Updatey!!
Happy reading! Xx

~Ray~
I walked out of the shower, clothed in a pair of sweat pants and a shirt, my hair dripping wet. I started drying my hair with a towel and walked into the kitchen to find Zayn shirtless, cooking something.

"God, Zayn. Remind me to get you a bunch of shirts the next time I go shopping," I mocked, Zayn and hopped on to the counter, facing him.

Zayn smirked. "Yeah, and remind me to get you a DSLR sometime, so you can take amazing photos of my shirtless self for you to drool at. I mean, you stare creepily," he sassed back.

"Yeah, yeah!" I rolled my eyes, before leaning forward and resting my head on his shoulder, making my hair fall down his back.

"Geez," he pulled away, looking at me. "Rachael, your hair's dripping wet," he complained.

I shrugged and started drying it again, as Zayn continued making a sandwich. He handed me one and I took it gratefully, because after a bunch of promotions for my second album that was releasing in two day, nothing's better than a chicken sandwich.

"How's promo?!" He asked and leaned against the counter.

I shrugged again, carelessly. "The usual. I mean, what else do they have?! How are the songs, how many singles, are you going on tour, What's your album favourite and then finally the cherry on top of the cake, how is it to date the Zayn Malik," I raised my eyebrows.

He laughed. "Mhmmm.. we are working on our third album as well," he informed me.

"Really?! All the best, babe!" I kissed his cheek, making him smile. "But you are working on your third album and you've already gone on three tours?!"

"The first one wasn't even a tour, if not for the fans. I mean, we had a few singles then and we mostly covered songs. Our second tour was more like the headline tour," he explained.

I nodded, biting on my sandwich. "Now, that makes sense," I said.

He smiled and played with his cup of coffee. "You know, Rachael," he spoke suddenly, "We should go on a date."

I frowned and took a sip from Zayns cup of coffee. "It isn't a date Fri-" and then I widened my eyes and turned to look at Zayn who found the entire thing, amusing.

"What?!" He asked, biting on his lip to control himself from laughing.

"You're- Are you asking me- I mean.." I trailed off.

He placed the coffee cup on the counter and turned around and stood in front of me, placing his hands on my either side and bent slightly so that we were in eye level.

"Wanna go on a date?!" He asked, brushing our noses.

"You're asking me out on a date?!" I asked.

He shrugged and pressed his forehead to mine, and quickly collided his lips with mine. I kissed back, immediately as Zayn's hands tangled themselves into my wet hair. He slowly ran his tongue along my bottom lip and deepened the kiss. I kissed him, one more time before I pulled away, panting.

"So.."

"Yes," I breathed, my breathing still erratic. "Yes, I'd love to go on a date with you," I said, making Zayn's eyes crinkle.

"Tonight?!" He asked.

"Anything, you want," I answered.

He nodded before his lips came crushing down to mine, kissing me fiercely. I placed my hands on his chest, feeling his heart hammering against his chest. I pulled away and left a small kiss on my bare shoulder.