Chapter 68

~Ray~

I remained quiet as we drove on road, from London to Manchester, towards the Hagwellstock Fest. It was three hour drive with Drew at the driver's and I, at the passengers and the other behind. The air was tense with Leanne and I in the same car and I knew this was a bad idea but whatever. I should survive with Drew, Josh Casey by my side.

The music from the radio blasted and settled a bit of the silence though the tense atmosphere, remained. I tried to tune them all as I leaned on the window, letting my thoughts train back to Zayn.

This drive somehow reminded me of Zayn and the road trip, we had taken and it gave me some kind off happiness.

"I would have scolded you for taking your helmet off, if you weren't so beautiful," he said, making me crimson.

"You were at your flawless best, last night. You're so fvcking beautiful, Ray. You manage to take my breath away, clothed or not," he said, making my heart do a few somersaults.

"I can't fight against that, now," he smiled, "but, listen. I may not be the best boyfriend, but whenever I fûck up, remember, Rachael, you have me. All of me. I'm yours and nobody, but you can change that. You'll always have me," he whispered.

"Remember, Rachael. I'm yours, don't forget it," he whispered putting his forehead on mine.

I shut my eyes and let a tear roll down my cheek but I wiped it as quickly as it fell but somehow Drew saw it.

"It'll be okay," he whispered, putting his hand on mine. Not trusting my own voice, I nodded.

"Yeah. Hopefully," I said, smiling, lightly.

He smile back at me and squeezed my hand one time before focussing on driving.

-
Thankfully, I slept rest of the drive off and Drew had to shake me awake because we were at the huge play field, where the Fest was taking place. We had VIP passes and as we drove through the place, Drew told me we were given rooms at a nearby hotel but also had tents at the field. I nodded and looked out to see the people running around, frenzied and happy with their friends, partners and family. It was colourful with pitched in tents that held stalls and others that housed people. The play was filled with fun and colours, just antagonistic to how I felt. We had our car given away for valet and we started walking away. I stuck to Drew because I didn't want to bother Josh. He was having fun with Casey and I didn't want to stop him. We started walking through the fence, looking at all the people who were too busy to even notice us. However a few did and came to me and others for autographs and pictures. It felt good after all these three months of house arrest I had put myself under. This was what felt normal for me.

"Hey, Ray? Can I have a picture?" A girl of around 20 came over and asked. I nodded and stood next to her, shooting a fake smile at the camera as the girl clicked her selfie.

"Thank you. Are you okay?"

I smiled. "I am. Thanks for asking."

"I know you will be. You're a strong woman. It's great to see you after going MIA for three months. Love you," she said and hugged me, later going and join her acquaintances.

It was officially three months since my rep had announced my break up with Zayn and also my indefinite hiatus from the music world. So, basically this fest counted as my first public appearance, since then.

There was a lot of Twitter hate and fight over the break up and it took some time to die down but it eventually did with Zayn and I, tweeting some stuff to pacify our own fans.

My attention was caught with Drew squeezing my hand and whispering, "You'll be okay! I promise."

I looked at him from my zoned out state, frowning a bit before looking at where he was looking at. "Wha-"