Chapter 65

~Zayn~

I was hyperventilating as I zoomed past many other vehicles on the highway. I needed to get her. If anything ever happened to her, I could never forgive myself. Anger, disappointment, hurt everything flew past the window, the minute she told me she overdosed. I was filled with worry, anxiety and love. I wanted to be with her and I couldn't help but blame myself for what she did.

The drive back home was painful. I was driving well past my speed limit and it wouldn't be a surprise if I get a ticket tomorrow. But, that was the least of my worries and concern. I needed to get to my girl. My angel. My babe.

She was my drug in the best way possible and I was addicted to her with no feasible way out of it. I was tied down.

The drive was mentally tiring and the minute I reached my parking lot, I dropped my Yamaha on the floor not bothering with it, before rushing to the open lift. It seemed like hours before I reached the destined floor and I barged into my flat, screaming for the love of my life.

"Rachael!" I checked the bathroom, the bedrooms, the kitchen only to find them empty. I was stupid. I should've asked Harry on someone to get her to the hospital. I was dumb. I rushed upstairs checking into the music room, before checking my art room. And there she was hurdled on the couch wearing the shirt that I usually wore when I painted. I sprinted to her, praying she was okay, tumbling on the way because of a paint can. I fell down, my hands doused in blue pain but I could care less.

I ran over to her shook her, once I found her breathing, shallowly. "Ray! Rachael! Wake up, babe!"

"Ray!" I shook her again as she stirred in her slumber before squinting her eyes at me. The minute her vision registered my presence she flung herself at me, hugging me tightly. I sniffled, not even realising that I was crying.

"Babe, come on! Let's get you to the hospital!" I tried picking her up only for Rachael to resist.

"Ho-hospital?" She looked confused for a minute before she turned away from me.

"Rachael-"

"I-I didn't know how to make you come back and I- I wanted to know if you even cared about me anymore and... I just-"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "And..?!"

She shook her head looking away from me but I forced her look at me by grabbing her chin. "And..?"

"I lied just to see if you care-" Without a second thought, I flung my hand, slapping her, effectively. She gasped but didn't say anything else. I was shocked by what I had done but I didn't regret it.

Before she could make a move, I grabbed her face and kissed her, hard. She was surprised but quickly kissed me back with the same force I was using in her. Her hands roamed all over my torso, grabbing my jacket and my shirt before I finally pulled away. I stood up and ran my hands through my hair, huffing slightly while she sat on one corner of the couch whimpering softly.

"Za-Zayn.."

I turned to her and saw her reaching out for me, like a little kid who was belittled by her mother. My wrenched at the sight and so I sat next to her, taking her into my arms. I could feel her cheek burn past my thin shirt as she cuddled up to me. I say there for a while until she calmed down, caressing her hair and cheeks. When I started pulling away, she resisted.

"Don't. I feel Zayn deprived." She held on to me tighter but I managed to pry her away from me.

I chuckled lightly. "I'm angry, Rachael. I'm fucking angry." I was beginning to explode. I died a million deaths before I even got here and it was taking a toll on me. "You know what? You're a fucking idiot."