Chapter 3

~Ray~

I was beyond annoyed as I walked out of the conference hall, down the hallway. I heard silent footsteps and so I knew that Dylan was following me. I knew he would come because it was the first time I had spoken to him in over a year. I abruptly stopped at the end of the hallway and stared out of the glass wall that overlooked the beautiful city.

"Ray?"

I turned around and glared at him. "What on earth was that, Dylan?" I asked.

He frowned slightly, "Ray!"

"Don't freaking 'Ray' me, Dylan.What the hell was that? I can't believe you just did that? I mean, I understand that you don't like them, but, Dylan, have some.." I stood there at loss for words.

"Have some..?" he prompted.

I glared at him. "I don't know? Manners, maybe?" I asked.

His frown became deeper as he spoke. "Ray, you're talking to me, for the first time in over a year and you're yelling at me for misbehaving with some fücking band?" he questioned not bothering to hide his rising anger.

I scoffed at him. "Yeah right! Maybe, I shouldn't be doing this," I said as I turned around to walk away.

"Ray, why won't you fücking listen to me?" he asked and took my hand, now desperate.

"I am not in the fücking mood for this, Dylan! Let me go! And, you know what? Whether you like it or not, we are going to be their opening act. Well, I am going to be their opening act," I said.

He sighed. "You're doing this to defy me, Ray!"

"NO, I actually don't have to defy anybody. I am just trying to do my job. Just f**king try being professional, Dylan!" I snapped at him. He shut his eyes and let go of my hand.

As I started walking away, he spoke, "What happened, Ray? We used to be best friends! What-What happened, Ray?"

I stopped walking and turned around to look at Dylan, "That's the point, Dylan! We used to be friends. Used to be, until you thought it was okay to-" I stopped and looked away letting a stray tear roll down my cheek.

I quickly wiped it away and walked back to the conference hall where a hell lot of confusion was going on. Everybody became quiet and the guy in the formal suit, who I assumed was the boy's management head was still glaring at Harry.

I knew their names. Like, I googled a bit about them before coming here. It was handy.

I smiled a fake smile. "I- It's okay, now! I just had to talk to him privately. I am sorry for interrupting," I apologized. Soon, Dylan walked in and sat in his seat, but not before giving Harry a hard, cold glare.

I sat beside Drew, who rubbed my back. "Was everything okay, back there?" he asked. I smiled at him and nodded my head before turning my attention back to Jason, whose name I now knew. Thanks to Drew.

Mandy stood up from her seat and cleared her throat before smiling, fakely.

"Umm... Like I was saying, before being interrupted-" She shot a cold glare at Dylan, "I am Amanda, you guys can call me Mandy," she said chirpily even though I could easily see through her fake act. She was upset.

"And I don't know if you've heard about 'The Serendipity'. So let me just..ummm... introduce them. Dylan, Leanne, Cassidy, Andrew and Ray," she said pointing at us individually as we just lifted our hand up in acknowledgement. The boys who sat across the table, nodded.

"I'm Harry. This is Louis, Niall and that's Zayn," he said pointing at each boy who sat beside him. I nodded even though, I knew who they were. He cleared his throat again and pointed at the boy with a small quiff. "That's Liam Payne, our lyricist and friend and assistant tour manager," he said. Liam waved shyly at us. Soon a very uncomfortable kind of silence hovered over us as we locked at each other. I took this time to look over at the raven haired boy, who I had caught staring at me.

Zayn.

Honestly, he was exotic. He had tan skin and hair was sleeked back into a messy quiff. He hand two earrings, in each ear.

I found him totally, hot.

My eyes roamed over to his sleeve of tattoos on his right arm. They were beautiful.

Tattoos? Total turn on.

The 'ZAP' tattoo was the one that caught my attention as I found my lips tugging in an upward direction. But as far I had googled, he was Sync 4's lead singer who played the bass guitar and was know for his high notes. He has never beenin a stable relationship, he smoked and was rumoured to cheat on his girlfriend. He had that total bad boy aura around him that I found very endearing. Apparently, that though didn't last for long as his gaze locked with mine and he gave a sly smirk. Soon, my thoughts about his being endearing, disappeared.

I didn't like that smirk. Not one bit.

I looked away immediately and tugged the hair tie of my wrist and lifted my hair into a messy high ponytail. The silence was soon broken as Jason stood up, pushing the chair.

"Well, since we've seen how well you guys go together," he shot a look of disappointment at Harry who just scoffed and a look of warning at Dylan before he spoke. "I want you guys to hang out tomorrow and get to know each other," he said.

"What?" the boys shouted in unison as I rolled my eyes.

"The decision is final," Jason said sternly."Liam would accompany both the bands and would report every happening to us, remember," he continued.

"And no nonsense wold be tolerated, guys," Mandy said and the Sync 4 boys chuckled and rolled their eyes, earning a fatherly look from Jason.

But I understood it was some kind off inside joke, the boys were laughing at and not because Mandy spoke.

"But -" Dylan started to protest but Mandy effectively cut him off.

"You've said and done enough for the day, Dyl. No more buts," she snapped. Mandy, actually snapped. She never did that.

"And now," Jason started. "You are dismissed," he said with a bit of too much finality.