Chapter 4

A/N:

I apologise for all those short chapters out there!! It's just the beginning of the story and I'm hoping you guys will understand. My term exams just got over and I just a bit free. Just a teeny weeny bit free. So, I'm just sneaking time to update something. I love you guys!!! Happy Reading!
-Kxx

~Ray~

Waking up to the annoying alarm was the worst thing that could ever happen to me on a Saturday morning. I groaned as I pulled the duvets off my body and set my unsteady feet on the floor, stumbling a bit. I switched my alarm off and walked over towards my wardrobe and grabbed my outfit for the day. I settled for some casual clothes. I pulled an over used grey vest, my high waisted denim shorts and a black and white checkered red shirt that I very well knew went past my shorts. I finally hopped into the shower and took a quick shower and exited the bathroom after finally brushing my teeth. I quickly changed into my clothes, blow-dried my dark hair before curling my hair into messy waves and slipped my ankle, grunge looking boots on. I looked at myself in the vanity's mirror. I looked like a proper badass. I smirked and applied a bit of lip gloss and lined my eye with a bit of eyeliner. I pulled my sling bad and stuffed my stuff into it when my phone finally rang. I picked it up not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Ray, here!" I greeted.

"Ummm.. Ray? You ready?" I heard Casey's familiar voice from the other side of the line.

I nodded and then realized she couldn't see me. "Yeah, Casey! You guys coming over?" I asked.

I could hear the smile in her voice when she spoke. "At Dyl's place!! Any guesses?"

"No shit, Sherlock!" I mumbled and rolled my eyes and she laughed.

"Got that right! Leanne's been in their room for the past 45 minutes. Poor Dyl is trying to make her come out,"

Ofcourse, leave it to Leanne, to make us run late.

"Anyway, we'd be there in ten. Catch some breakfast. Don't skip!" she said all motherly.

I chuckled. "Sure, mom!" I answered and heard her scoff. I rolled my eyes again.

"You know about the change of plans, right?" she quizzed. I gave a puzzled look and then again I realize she couldn't see me.

"Change of plans?" I asked.

"You didn't check your texts this morning. Did you?" she asked as she let a dramatic sigh out.

I hesitated a bit before I answered. "Ummmm.. No?"

"Well, we need to drop by Mandy's office before heading to wherever we're supposed to be!"

"Ummm.. Okay!" I said when I heard Drew yell. I wondered why?

"Woah! Lea's finally here!" Casey answered my unasked question.

"Ummm...yeah! Right! I'd better catch some breakfast before you guys make it here," I said and hung up before she could answer. I strutted across my living room to my kitchen and grabbed the carton of juice from my fridge and poured myself a glass. I disgracefully chugged it down, not bothering with my table manners since nobody was there to check on it, either. I washed my glass and set it on the counter when I heard somebody open my front door. I shook my head and walked into my living room to see Drew giving me a sheepish smile holding up, his spare key that I gave him long back. I had given both Drew and Casey a spare key to my flat, but didn't bother with Dylan and Leanne.

"It's fine," I shrugged and walked towards him, to give him, my usual morning hug.He gently rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head. If you are thinking, Drew and I had nothing, romantic. Our relationship was totally the bestfriend-sibling relationship. Sure, he was adorable and hell, he was hot with girls at his feet. But one thing I knew and admired about Drew was that he was grounded. Fame never got to him. If there was a possibility, that I never knew Drew like now, maybe I would have considered dating him.