Chapter 2

Hey lovelies!! Update!!! I love you guys so much! Happy reading -Kxx
_______________________

~Zayn~

I impatiently tapped the table in front of me as Liam shot me an annoyed look. I shrugged it off and continued tapping the pen until Jason, our management's head entered into the lifeless conference room, looking all formal with a suit, suffocating tie and brunette hair neatly gelled up and parted towards the side.

We were here because, we had to be here not that we wanted to be. Louis pulled his tongue out at me in playful gesture as Jason took his seat and clasped his hands in front of him. His icy blue eyes darted across each and every one of us until Liam cleared his throat.

He looked at us and turned his attention back to Jason. "What's this about Jason?" He asked, totally unfazed.

I admired Liam for his courage, like, if I had to start the conversation with Jason at gun point, I would rather take the bullet.

He was an utter asshole. A jerk.

He thought he could control us, all he wanted, but we made it a point to show him every now and then that we were never completely subjugated to him.

He gave a curt nod, before he stood up to address us, while Harry scoffed. I raised my eyebrow as I shot Harry a look and he simply shrugged. I smirked at his gesture as I understood his disinterest in what Jason had to say and Harry graciously returned the smirk.

"Ummm.. Malik? Styles? Could I have your attention and stop with these childish act of yours!" Jason barked earning our attention. He glared but a smirk tugged his lips as he clapped his hands before he spoke.

"Like we all know-" he started but Louis effectively cut him off.

"Could you please not beat about the bush? Like, you know? We have better things to do rather than sit here and hear your rant!" Louis sassed.

I smirked at the older lad as he winked at me before he kept a straight face and looked at Jason. Jason huffed but continued with the conversation nevertheless.

"It's about your opening act!" he said.

This caught our attention as Niall spoke for the first time. "Does that mean you've found our opening act?" he asked hopefully.

I honestly never understood the need for an opening act. So what if we didn't have one?

Management insisted. We agreed. End of story. Period.

"I guess, you could say that and you're gonna be meeting them officially today," he announced.

I nodded my head. "Solo artist?" I quizzed.

Jason looked at me before he spoke. "No. Band. Girl -boy band to be more precise," he answered curtly. Something rang a bell. I mean we were in an era of bands. But girl-boy band? They were quite a few to mention. But..

They lads and I exchanged confused looks.

"They are quite famous themselves of you could say so. Like, competitors?" he said.

Famous? Was he talking about-

"Is it-" I started but Jason cut me off as the intercom went off.

"There's this band waiting to see you, sir. They have an appointment," the squeaky voice of the receptionist rang throughout the room.

"Oh! Yes, Marissa! Please, could you escort them over?" he asked, unusually pleasing. I snorted.

"Look," he barked. "I don't put up with nonsense and you guys should be knowing that. I want you to be polite because, they're are a band that is becoming steadily popular and hell, they've gone on a headline tour already. I am actually surprised that they agreed to do this. They can really help with the band's popularity and increase the number of people coming to the shows. I repeat, I tolerate no nonsense," he said sternly. All of us rolled our eyes but we agreed nonetheless.

Like what else could we possibly do?

As soon as Jason finished his 'I tolerate no nonsense' speech, the glass door opened and the receptionist, I quite recognised was followed by our soon to be opening act. And my doubt was confirmed when 'The Serendipity' walked in. I heard a few gossips about their rising popularity and what all and what not but I never really paid attention to each member. The first to walk in was a brunette with brown eyes. He wore a fitting blue shirt and his hair sleekly gelled back. He had a nice smile and he definitely was a ladies guy. He was soon followed by a petite blonde with blue eyes. She was hot wearing that short skirt and crop top. Another girl followed them. Brunette with caramel highlights, tall and chocolate brown irises. She was hot as hell! She smiled widely at us and took her seat.

Soon another brunette guy with green eyes walked in dragging another girl.

When she came into fuller view, I couldn't help but stare at her. Sure, the previous two girls were hotter, way hotter. But, something about this girl screamed attention. It just radiated off her. Sure, she was not the prettiest girl I've seen. Her nose was slightly flat and she was dusky, not that I complained and her stature was average. She was curvy and that band tee she was wearing accentuated her entire look and had a single conch ear piercing . Her straight, neatly layered, shoulder length hair was dark brown that could be easily mistaken for black with contrasting purple peek a boo streaks and she had midnight eyes.

Just black, nothing special like blue or green. But it was beautiful. It gleamed against the lights in the room.

The girl slowly sensed my focus on her and turned to look at me. I looked away immediately, turning a bit red at being caught in the act. I couldn't resist the urge and looked at her as she bit her lip and fiddled with her thumbs as she took a seat next to the brunette guy who practically dragged her in.

They all acknowledged Jason with a nod and another woman, probably in her late thirties with glasses walked forward and shook Jason's hand. she cleared her throat, something everybody seemed to keep doing that day before she spoke.

"I am Amanda, The Serendipity's manager!" she chirped flashing us a smile.

In the time of staring at the last girl I didn't pay attention to the lads. They looked like they recognised the band as well.

Like, they were practically our toughest competitors and weren't sipped to hate our contemporary bands. Like, wasn't that some kind off thing that existed?

They were only a year and half old and we've already had a few Twitter feuds. Not intense ones, but just the sarcastic remarks. It was usually the brunette who walked in first. Dylan Parker. He was rude and hated us for no reason.

We were actually considered to be one of the most friendly celebs. I never really got what was his problem and so did the lads. The others were aloof but they didn't like us much either and didn't try to hide it.

We snickered as their manager continued to speak before Dylan abruptly got up and slammed his fists down the table.

"I cannot fücking do this! No way am I gonna open for some pretty boys who actually have no talent and just got fame by singing in some fücking reality show!" he yelled.

His manager shot his a look of disbelief while his band mates tried to get the situation under control. And somehow this was enough to provoke the usually calm Harry as he swung his arm at Dylan's face.

Louis reacted faster and held Harry as Dylan glared at him. Soon enough, profanities were being yelled and I noticed the dark haired girl and I were the only calm ones.

"STOP! FÜCKING STOP!" Jason yelled making them stop whatever they were doing. He glared at Harry.

"He can't fücking talk about my band and mates like that! He knows nothing!" Harry shouted.

"Dylan! What the hell-"

"Dylan?" I heard a husky feminine voice as we all turned our attention towards the girl who has spoken for the first time since the fiasco that happened a few minutes back.

"Ray?" Amanda called out but she simply held her hand up stopping Amanda from saying whatever she wanted to say.

"Dylan? Can I talk to you for a minute? Alone?" she asked.