Chapter 1

Hi! Hope you guys like it! Have fun!
________________________

~Ray~

"This can't be good!" Drew shook his head and looked over at me. I nodded while I still looked out of the window of the SUV.

A call from the management for a meeting was never good, especially if they didn't inform us about what the meeting was all about. It only meant two things, either you got yourself into trouble or the management is getting you into one.

Dylan looked at Drew and I through the rear view mirror and sighed when I shot him a curt look. He immediately looked away and I continued looking out of the window barely paying attention to Casey's rambling about something I didn't care about.

Soon Dylan parked in front of our management's office as we piled out of Dylan's car.

The cold air of our management's office hit me as we walked further down the hallway of the four storied building. Soon we got out of the elevator and walked towards 'oh, so familiar' management conference room.

Casey pushed the glass door open as we walked in, as I kept close to Drew. Amanda, our manager looked up from reading the file and motioned us to take our seats while the other management members gave out blank looks. She shot me a secret smile which I gratefully returned.

Mandy, that was how we actually called Amanda was more like a mother figure to me. She was always there when I got home sick. Though, they were only a few hours drive away from London, in Edinburgh, I didn't visit them as much due to my heavy schedule. I became alert as soon as Mandy cleared her throat.

"So," she gulped,"you've been called to be actually," she was cut off when Drew interjected.

"Could we cut the chase, please?" he asked. Amanda nodded.

"You're gonna be opening for a band." She said casually. My eyes widened and so did the others' as we shot her a shocked look.

I was quick to recover, though. "What? What are you talking about, Mandy?"

"They are in their final leg and the band that was opening for them had some promotion issues and they had to pull out. They are desperately in search of another band that can successfully replace the previous one for the opening. "So.." she trailed off.

"We don't want to do this!" Dylan spoke as he stood up and looked at us. I didn't understand the need for us to be an opening act for another band. We were well to do. We had our first album out. We had gone on our first headline tour. It was pointless. We had a strong fanbase and we were working on our next album.

Why the hell did Amanda think that we would want to do this?

"I agree!" Leanne cut in as she stood up as well.

Casey shrugged. "I don't find a point as to why we should do this but if we are forced to do it, it's not like we have a choice." she said.

Drew nodded whilst I kept quiet.

Amanda focussed on Dylan and Leanne. "You do know that you are supposed to go by what the management says, right? Plus, Simon wants you to take this up." she said sternly.

Simon as in Simon Cowell? He was our mentor and we were under his recording label. He wanted us to do this?

I strongly believed that Uncle Simon always had a reason to what he does and so I nodded. "I'm in. If it's Simon's advice that we take it up, I am for it." I said and I knew Drew and Casey agreed with me. Dylan gave me a blank look which I ignored.

"Then it's final!" Amanda clapped, relived by our decisions. "I do know you're not happy and you're a big band yourself, but it's just a request from quite a well known management. It was intelligent of you to take it up."she chirped and slammed the binder shut as she stood up.

"The management is called Revolution!, if you were wondering," she said.

It was a big management company. Everybody in the music world knew it.

"It's just the final leg of the tour and lucky you, their final leg is in the Europe continent as in you don't have travel across the globe or anything." she chimed hoping to make us feel better about this whole opening act drama.

"You will be performing a total of five to six songs before the main act and," she looked down at a few papers, "and you are expected to join them on tour in three days time." she added.

We all nodded and Dylan snorted slightly in disagreement.

"They are a pretty good band and I hope you will-" she started before I cut her off.

"Mandy, save it. Could you please tell us who this 'pretty good band' is? I mean, that's the least we deserve to know!" I said looking at her with arms crossed in front to my chest.

"It's ummmm..-" she hummed as she went through a few more papers,

"Sync 4, I guess." she said. My jaw dropped as the others held a similar reaction.

Casey responded quickly, "You mean we're gonna be opening for The Synchrocity 4? Our rival band?"

I didn't have a problem with them, but apparently my band seemed to. I knew that they were pretty over-rated band, at least for their looks.

"We never thought of them as our rival band, Casey!" Mandy said, all mother like.

"No way! Are you crazy, Mandy? What's wrong with you? They are just a band of pretty boys! That's it! You are expecting us to open for them? No fücking way!" Dylan yelled.

"Look Mandy, we are two bands in the same era. We do look at them as our competitors and I bet you they think of us the same way. We've already dealt with a few fandom fight issues with them. Why would you want us to do this?" Drew questioned, being the sensible one and all. "Their fans have been really rude to us and our fans. It's not gonna work, Mandy!" he said.

"It's gonna be fücking bad!" Casey sighed. She looked at me for support and I just kept quiet, pursing my lips into a thin line before Mandy lost it and slammed her hands down the desk.

"That's enough! You're are not give a choice! Do you get that? It's final and you are gonna perform. It's Revolution!'s request. Now go get packing and practicing. You have a meeting with Revolution! and the boys of Sync 4, tomorrow. You are free to go!" she said sternly.

Dylan was the first one to exit with a scowl and Leanne followed him silently. Casey shook her head and followed the tantrum throwing Dyl. Drew sighed and nodded at Mandy and left. Mandy looked at me as I was about to leave and called me.

"Ray?"

"Mhmmm...?" I hummed and turned around to look at her.

"You haven't spoken much, today!?" she stated.

I nodded. "The decision was already made and I get that this is your way of solving fandom issues with Sync 4. You already know about their Twitter feuds with Dyl. I get it but you'll have to face the consequences of this, I guess," I said.

She took a deep breath. "I know!"

I smiled at her and left the hall, preparing myself for the worst that could happen.

__________________________

Hey lovelies! Hope you guys liked it! pretty short chapter, I know, but it was all I could manage. Love you guys so damn much! Happy Reading!

-Kay xx