Chapter 35

A/N:

Happy last day of the year, because I technically updated this around midnight! Hehe! XD

Happy reading! Xx

~Ray~

I sat outside in the balcony, staring into everything and nothing.

Zayn had left me alone after my ugly confession.

Good for him.

I hugged my knees to my chest, silent tears going down my cheeks.

Why did you have to tell it?!

I closed my eyes, but then realised that talking about my past feelings for Dylan didn't hurt as much as it used to.

And it was good to take a burden of my chest. I took a deep breathe and wiped my tears with the back of hand, sniffling unattractively.

"Hey," Zayn chirped.

I gazed up at him and gave him a small smile as he handed me a mug of sweet smelling coffee.

"Thank you," I croaked, my voice harsh from all the yelling.

He shrugged and took the seat next to me. "I thought you might need it," he chimed, sipping on his own cup of coffee.

I looked away and bit my lip, playing with the rim of my mug.

"You okay?!"

I nodded, not bothering to look at him. "I am."

"Ray.. you don't have to lie.."

"I'm not," I turned to look at him. "It doesn't hurt as much as it used to. I'm used to it. I'm immuned and most importantly, I've moved on," I babbled.

"It's good that you've moved on.." Zayn said.

"Yeah," I chuckled, "especially when I see them everyday. I'm sorry, I wasn't supposed to tell you things the way I did," I said.

"It's fine. I'm glad you told me. I feel special, like I know something that is kinda a secret.." he said.

I smiled. "You know, my mum knew. She kinda figured out. Mumma vibes. One of the many reasons I don't visit home. I mean, she looks at me with pity, just because I didn't get the guy I was in love with. Key word, was. She never believes when I tell her I've moved on..." I confided.

"Ray..?!"

"Yeah..?!"

"Your not insecure, are you?!"

"Sometimes, I am. I'm insecure of how I look in front of Casey and Lea. I mean, they're hot. I'm insecure of Lea's voice, Casey's guitar skills. I'm insecure around my family and relatives. I literally don't fit inside that family, Zayn. I'm from a family of doctors and lecturers. Sometimes it's like nobody wants me..there.." I confessed. "They are all better, Zayn. So much better than I am," I sighed.

"Hey," he cooed. "C'mere," he said, opening his arms for me. I placed my coffee cup, down and shifted comfortably into Zayn's lap.

"You're beautiful. You've got the charm, the charisma, the aura that screams attention. You e got a really nice voice?! You don't realise how you look on stage. You're like a dynamite. You're amazing and special, Ray. Don't let others make you believe otherwise,"he advised.

I pushed the hair off his face. "Thank you. That's nice of you to say that.."

He smiled, letting me play with his hair.

"Ray?!"

"Mhmmm.." I hummed.

"You don't like Dylan anymore, do you?!"