Chapter 41

~Ray~

"Zayn," I whined.

"No, Rachael!"

"Zayn, please.." I complained, stomping my foot and flailing my hands as I followed him into his room.

"Rachael," he sighed, turning around, "No."

"I don't see why not," I snapped, crossing my arms.

"Because," he stopped, avoiding my gaze.

My album was out the previous day and it was the first time I was going to perform a few songs from it, live in a promo gig. I wanted Zayn to come along with me only for him to refuse.

"I just don't want to," he shook his head. "Your bandmates won't want me there."

"I want you there. Isn't that enough for you to come with me?!"

"No."

"You've come to a gig before," I pointed out.

"With the lads...."

"Bring them today," I reasoned.

"They wouldn't want to come," Zayn retorted, brushing his hair with his hair brush.

"Zayn-"

He turned around. "I'm not coming and that's final, Ray. Now, stop pestering me," he snapped.

I backed away, involuntarily.

It was the first time, Zayn was snapping at me in a while and it was so weird.

"Sorry," I squeaked, looking away.

"Babe," Zayn sighed, slowly reaching out for me. His moves were hesitant and tentative.

"It's fine," I looked up, only to have a tear roll down my cheek. I quickly wiped it with the back of my hand before I spoke, "I've got a rehearsal."

"Ray.."

"I'll see you in the night," I whispered before I walked out of the room.

-

"Ray, you okay?!" Drew asked throwing his arm around me.

I plastered a fake smile on. "I'm good. Why?!"

"You don't look like it," he said, hugging me and running my back. "Is it, Zayn?! Did he hurt you?!"

"Why would-"

Thinking back, I realised I hadn't told my mates about how I felt for Zayn or how we're in a kind off real relationship.

Well, their reaction won't be good anyway.

They never approved of Zayn and I dating. Fake or not.

"No. I'm just tired," I said, smiling, weakly.

He looked apprehensive.

"Drew, it's not him. I mean, he's just a guy, I'm forced to date. A PR. What the two of us needed was a bit of promotion for our bands and that's what we're doing. We're doing it for publicity. For our bands." I said.

Why am I lying?!

No, I'm not. I was initially forced to date and is still a PR to my band mates.

"You sure?! I mean you both look kind off close," Drew questioned.

"Yeah, he's just Zayn to me, nothing more. He's just the guy who gives us the right kind off promotion that we need. It's all about his fame and ours. We're basically mutually benefitted, though Zayn has a major role with the fame play. I'm okay."