Chapter 50

Hello, babezzzzz! What's up! I hope you guys are still reading THWF! I know I took too long a break, but I promise, I'll update everyday and drop a few double updates here and there. If you still don't want to read, I respect your decision. Love x

~Ray~

Mrs.Malik, looked at me with blunt disbelief and horror. She turned pale, her lips parting slightly.

"What are you doing here?" She finally managed to speak, looking back into the house. "Now, is not a good time, Ray."

"But, why Ma'am?" I asked, genuinely interested in her reason for freaking out.

"Yaser's at home," she looked at me, pitifully, "I'm sure you're not ready for an earful and that's precisely what he'll give you."

"I'm here to talk to him," I broke my silence which made her eyes go wide.

"What?"

"I'm here to talk to Mr.Malik about his son. Your son," I said and at the exact moment, Mr.Malik reached the living room, looking at me with livid suspicion.

He walked over to the front door where Zayn's mum and I were having a conversation.

"Who's this Trisha?" He asked but somehow I felt he knew who I was.

Before Trisha could speak anything, I spoke, "I'm Rachael Evans, Zayn's girlfriend," I said holding my hand out for him. He looked at my hand for a moment, contemplating whether to shake it or not. Finally after much thought, he formally shook my hand.

"How may we help you?" He asked.

"Sir, I'd like to talk to you."

He nodded and motioned Trisha to open the door furt her which she did wordlessly. I thanked her softly and walked inside, being fidgety with my long sleeved overcoat.

I made an attempt to actually make myself look presentable. I mean, i didn't opt for shorts or ripped skinnies. I just went for a navy blue top, black skinnies and an overcoat along with my bellies. I needed to make an impression, atleast with the say I looked because obviously once i start talking about Zayn, I knew things will go downhill.

Yaser and Trish took their seat in a couch and sat across them, my hands clasped around each other, leaning on my knees.

From the corner of my eye, I watched three girls standing in the staircase. I took a deep breathe and reached for my bag and pulled out a box of exotic chocolates that is managed to buy. I didn't want to go empty-handed to my own boyfriend's house, that too without his knowledge. I slowly reached across towards Trisha and handed it over. She looked impressed for a moment before she hid her feelings quite well.

"You didn't have to, dear," she spoke softly.

I shrugged. "It's the least I could do."

She took the box from me and left to leave it at the kitchen when Yaser cleared his throat. "What's it that you wanna talk about?"

"Sir, Zayn. I wanna talk about Zayn," I said, gulping a bit.

"What about him?" he asked me casually.

"Sir, don't you think you're being a little too harsh on him?" I asked, meekily.

Oh my. My confidence was zero. This man had a presence and it wasn't the good way.

"And you're questioning me about it?" He raised his eyebrows as Trisha joined him on the couch.

"Sir, I just wanted to let you know that he's changed for good and that you should give him a chance."