Chapter 16

A/N:
Short chapter. Hoping you'll like it, though! A bit of drama! Haha! Lots of love and hughiees!!
-K xx

~Zayn~
Josh was quite handsome, hot, Infact. Brunette hair, buff body, crystal brown eyes, a girl's dream guy.
He had gone back to Edinburgh, or that's what Niall had told me and apparently, he seemed to be in touch with her and I knew it just then. It was crazy how the past month and a half had turned out to be. Meeting The Serendipity, getting to know Rachael, the drunk night, dating her, fighting with her, meeting her brother, being more confused about who Rachael actually was.
It was f**king insane. If somebody had told me something like this was going to happen, like three months, prior, I would have laughed at their face.
Rachael was complicated, like a code waiting to cracked. She was something, something unexplainable, something as insane as the situation was. Eyes are the gateway to the heart, but her midnight irises never have anything away. My train of thoughts came to an end when I parked in front of her flat complex. I was kinda surprised to see her waiting for me on the sidewalk in front of her complex. I rolled my eyes and she scoffed, the minute our eyes met. She quickly slid into the passenger seat, looking out the window. She had her hair in a high ponytail and I noticed her band aid was gone. I was thankful, yet, guilty when I noticed a scar on her forehead. I wondered how she had covered it up with her over protective brother.
"Did Josh see that band aid?!" I asked.
"Well, hello to you too, Zayn. I'm good and it's nice to see you!"
Well, if she was on bitch mode then so was I on my asshole mode.
Duh!
"I asked you freaking question. How difficult can that be for you to just f**king answer it?!"
"What if I don't want to answer?!" I retorted.
"God, Rachael?! Why the hell are you being so bloody difficult?!"
"Fine, he did."
"He did?!" I screamed.
She nodded, curtly.
"What did you-"
"I said I fell in the bathroom! I didn't tell what happened, if that is what you're worried about," she snapped.
"There was not a shitting need to snap," I mumbled before I spoke again.
"He believed you?!"
"Why do you care so much?!" She spat.
"Maybe, because he's more tolerable that you are!" I snapped, this time.
She remained quiet, giving me a hard glare.
"Rachael?!"
"What?!"
"Geez, Easy! I- well, you know what?! Never-shitting-mind," I said.
"Yeah, yeah!" She said and pushed away the topic. I knew that the good Rachael, was only for the night of that dinner, but I- I don't know what I expected that day.
Was it weird that I wanted her to be the smiley Rachael that she was when her brother was around?
The rest of the car ride was quiet.
Soon after, I pulled over in front of Rachael's management office.
We were asked to come together and o didn't understand as to why, so I just played along. Rachael was as class as u was as we both walked inside. She beamed and politely nodded to every working person in the office before we finally entered the lift and punched the floor number. We stepped out as soon as we were on the fifth floor and quickly strutted towards the conference room. Surprisingly or not so surprisingly, Mandy, Jason, Rachael and I were the only ones in the room.
"Morning, Ray, Zayn," Mandy wished. I quickly nodded while Ray briefly hugged her.
"Malik, Ms.Evans," Jason nodded, acknowledging our presence.
"Jason," I repeated.
"Morning," Ray greeted timidly.
"Well, I hope both of you know you haven't been doing a good job with this date thing. You guys did miss a few dates," he chided. "We've seen hundreds of clients like you and I hoped you would behave the best. But unfortunately, no, you didn't."
"But," Mandy started, "we are happy with the progress you guys have made, The dinner outing with Josh was perfect. It grabbed the fans' attention in the perfect way. They assumed you were just being a quiet couple. Now, they think you're a serious couple after a family member had been involved. Good job," she applauded.
"It wasn't planned," Ray interjected.
"We know. But, it's for the best and it's our job to appreciate, Ms.Evans," Jason said.
"Ray, please?!"
Jason nodded. "So are you aware, Ray that you've got another album coming up in another forty five days?!"
"I am well aware of that, sir. Thank you," she answered, politely.
We seriously need to take classes from her as to how to deal with Jason.
"Well, you do need some kind of promotion, don't you?!"
Where the hell is this going to?!
"I think we've got enough of them," Ray replied carefully.
"No, Ray! It's not like you're gonna say no, to a few extra million pounds and a bit of publicity!"
This can't be good!
"What is that you're trying to say Jason?!" I asked.
"Mhmmm, I can say we've got something planned for you, Malik. To make you both seem like a real, serious, in love couple," he said.
I scoffed. "In love?! Yeah! Sure!"
"This is for the best. You've got your third album coming up as well, Zayn. This will work. You'd know both you fandom a have expanded after this PR relationship," Mandy said.
She is right?! But, where are they both leading us to?!
"So, we are looking forward to your complete cooperation and mind you, no more slipping dates and public events. No nonsense will be tolerated," Jason warned.
"Jason! Please f**king tell us what this is about!" I said, losing the little ounce of patience I had.
"Since you're so eager," Jason started.
"Ray is going to move in with you," Mandy completed the sentence for him.
What the f**k?!

A/N:
Well?! Hope you guys liked it! Vote and comment!
-Kxx