Chapter 44

Update, because it is supposed to be a birthday update. My birthday was on the 24th but, Wattpad messed up and this chapter got deleted twice and I was super pissed. So yeah, late birthday update. Enjoy!
Happy reading! XD

~Ray~

When I woke up, Zayn wasn't there next to me. I pulled my sheets, up to cover my body and rolled over when I saw a letter lying in the place where he previously lay. I picked it up, expecting a 'I've gone to get breakfast' note.
But when I opened the letter, my heart literally dropped to the pit of my stomach.

Job done. Goodbye! -Zayn
~

I shot my eyes open, panting heavily and trying to get up, only to be pulled down by the weight of Zayn's arm around me. I choked, slowly turning over in his arms and letting my tears fall as I squeezed my eyes shut. I used my hands to muffle my sobs, so that I didn't wake Zayn up.

"Okay, yes. I just want to get into your pants. So what?!"

His words, replayed themselves in my mind. I forced my eyes shut, not wanting to think about it, only for them to repeat themselves in my mind over and over.

What if..

Zayn saw me in my most vulnerable state, the previous night.

He saw me.

My flaws.

My imperfections.

What if he didn't want me anymore.

What if.. he was just using me?!

Fvcking insecurities.

Suddenly everything was a blur, it was painful.

It was empty.

My efforts, not to wake Zayn up, failed miserably as his arms around me shifted, his body stirring against my back. I sniffed and quickly wiped my tears, but kept my back to him. Sometime in the night, I had slipped some shirt of mine on because, it was vey chill in the night and in a way I was kinda thankful.

His arms snaked around my neck, as Zayn rested his chin on my shoulder, before he pressed a kiss to my cheek and placing his head against mine.

"I wanna ask-" he started but I cut him off, my frustration, my insecurity taking over.

"You're leaving, aren't you?!"

Zayn pulled away, immediately, like I'd slapped him or something.

"What?!" I heard him say. I shifted so that I was sitting upright with my back pressed to the headboard, my knees against my body.

"Ray, what are you fvcking talking about?!"

"You are leaving now that we've had sex. Isn't it?!" I asked, looking at him.

Zayn's hues glazed with hurt, horror before it quickly changed into anger and disappointment, making me regret my words, soon enough.

"So, that's how low you think of me?!" He asked, his voice dripping with venom, "You're unbelievable, Rachael. You know, I wouldn't have touched you, if you didn't want me to. I knew," he rubbed his face, "I knew you'd regret this."

Fvck, I hurt him.

"What- No, Zayn. I don't-"

He scoffed. "Doesn't look like it," he spat before he got off the bed and grabbed his sweats from his bag and slipped it on, over his boxers.

No!

"Zayn, I'm-" He raised his hands, shutting me off as he walked of into the balcony.

I got off the bed, wrapping the sheets around me, because it was still cold and I wasn't in the the most proper dress as I followed him to the balcony.