Chapter 31

Xenon Frost's POV

Ilamg minuto na ang lumipas at naestatwa pa rin ito sa kaniyang kinatatayuan. Bakas ang gulat at pagkabigla nito na parang nakakita siya ng hindi kanais-nais, masamang elemento o multo sa kaniyang harapan.

Bukot sa pagkagulat, nagtataka ako kung bakit may bahid na kasiyahan na lumitaw sa kaniyang mga mata, pero panandalian ko lang na nakita iyon dahil umiwas ito ng tingin at tumikhim saka tumingin ulit sa akin.

"I'm glad that you're awake," he uttered using his cold voice.

Magsasalita sana ako nang maramdaman ko ulit ang matinding pagkauhaw. Luminga-linga ako sa paligid at nahanap ko ang aking pakay.

"Please... I-I need w-water," I pleaded to him and try to reach the water dispenser.

He quickly filled the plastic cup with water and walk towards me. He then help me sit and rest my back on the headboard of the bed then he support my trembling hands while I'm drinking. My thirst was slightly quenched but a cup of water was not enough.

"M-more... I-I need more, please?" I pleaded again.

"Okay. How many cups of water do you need?"

"Just... t-three cups."

He just nodded at me and went back to the water dispenser to refill the plastic cup. After he returned three times to the water dispenser, I feel relieved and my throat is not that dry anymore.

Minutes have passed, three doctors, together with the nurses came to me in a rush and checked my body, blood pressure and eyes. One is a fine man and the other two are women. They asked me to speak and I did what they told to me. They also pleased me to move my arms. I did moved my arms but not that long because I feel exhausted.

"Great news, mr. Evankhelle. We are grateful to announced you that almost all of your status are normal. You will be discharged a week from now." He smiled at me after telling me the good news.

"That's a great news, indeed," I uttered with a smile also.

"So, how do you feel, mr. Evankhelle?" Tanong ng isang babaeng doktor na nakatayo sa gawing kanan ng lalaking doktor.

"I still feel exhausted, but in general, I am fine." I looked at my hands and they're still shaking due to lack of energy.

"It's just normal, mr. Evankhelle. Ang akala nga namin magigising ka pa sa susunod na dalawa o apat na taon. Mabuti't naghilom lahat ng sugat mo sa loob ng isang taon."

Natigilan ako saka tiningnan silang tatlo. "A-anong ibig niyong sabihin?"

"You were in a deep comatose for a year. Nang dinala ka dito ay nag-aagaw-buhay na ang kalagayan mo. Pahina na nang pahina ng pulso at tibok ng puso mo, pero lumaban ka. Napakapalad dahil naagapan ka agad namin. Kung hindi ka dinala agad dito ay maaaring binawian ka na ng buhay."

Lalong nanigas ako sa aking kinalalagyan.

"You're a lucky person, mr. Evankhelle." Naramdamam kong hinimas ng lalaking doctor ang aking ulo.

"Now that you're awake, you'll have to eat some healthy and nutritious foods to gain weight and be fit again. The other nurses will be here minutes from now, carrying your food," said the doctor on the left.

"Maiwan ka na namin dito. Marami pa kaming mga pasyente na kailangan na puntahan. We hope that you'll get well soon," ani ng doktor sa kanan saka naunang lumabas ng silid at kalauna'y sinundan ito ng dalawang doktor at mga nurse.

The room went silent again, just like before. I searched him and I found out that he is sitting on the sofa near the hospital bed where I am lying. His head was rested in the backrest, eyes were closed, arms are crossed to each other and breathing slowly as if he's sleeping.