40

——— + ———
absorbed
——— + ———

I had disabled all the notifications on my phone. My Instagram requests were blowing up after the news came out that I was "with" Taehyung. People were eager to know what was so special about me that a billionaire would want.

The trolls were having a field day, dragging my looks and hitting insecurities I didn't know I had. I'm already going through enough because of Jungkook, my breakup with Yoongi and my parents. And now I'm being made fun of by strangers. Meanwhile, Taehyung is probably somewhere riding Jennie's coattails.

I'm not used to this kind of attention. The least he could've done was give me a head's up.

Now I was waiting patiently for the baby formula I ordered to get here. I can't go out right now because I'm afraid I'll get recognized so I asked Taehyung to have one of his minions get me some. He obliged.

A few moments a knock came to the door. I fixed my clothing and went to the door. I opened it and Jungkook was there. "I have your formula." He muttered, holding the bag out for me. I snatched it from him and tried to hurriedly shut the door but he caught it with his foot almost immediately. "Please let me talk to you."

"What else is there to say?" I could feel myself getting emotional. I knew deep down I couldn't bare to shut him out but that I also had every right to, after all he's done.

"That I care about you."

"That's rich." I scoffed. "You don't lie to someone you care about."

"I wanted to protect you."

"No, you're just a coward. And that was the first and last time I will ever let you or anyone hurt me like that again." I said forcefully. I said it to hurt him, and I could see it did. I felt a little satisfied. He pushed himself into the apartment in frustration.

"I'm not a coward." He said firmly, putting his finger in my face.

"Thats the only thing you took from that?"

"You act like you're the only one who suffered. How do you think I felt,'living every day thinking I would never see you again!? I went into the belly of the beast for my country! I'm sorry I couldn't bare to tell the people I love that I was leaving and that I was never coming back!"

"If you told anyone it should have been me, Jungkook!"

"My orders stated that I should tell no one. If something got screwed up the last thing I want it them coming after you!"

"You're such-such a fucking manipulator!" I said, tripping over my words as I became overwhelmed. "You found some way to rationalize this and make yourself the good guy! You always do that! I fell for it when we were together, but it's been over a year! I have grown since then and I won't let you play mind games with me anymore." I said sternly.

I was standing my ground. I'm not going to just forget everything I went through because of his incompetence. He left me alone, broke, and homeless with no gameplan. He is wrong anyway you slice it.

"I just want you to try and see it from my point of view just this once!" He argued back. "You've always been so self-centered, so I wouldn't expect you to understand sacrifice!"

"That's it! Get out, or I'm calling security!"

"Oh yeah? You need to do that for Kim Taehyung. While you're here in his penthouse you should know that he is under investigation by the Korean government."

"Get out."

"He's going down, Y/n." He said seriously. "He's a very dangerous man, so if I were you I would get out of dodge before things hit the fan."