6

---- + ----
his name
---- + ----

I sat in silence in the living room curled up on the couch. The bright light from my phone screen illuminated only my face. I was looking at Ha-joo, one of my former co-workers social media account to snoop on her recent engagement, and to also see the guy. I scrolled through her entire profile, doing extreme digging. I was interrupted by relatively heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't now you were down here." Yoongi said nervously.

"No it's fine, you live here." I reminded him. I continued lurking and he went to turn on the television.

"I hope you don't mind me watching a movie."

"It's fine."

He sat on the cushion next to me and clicked through the channels with the remote. Once he found what he was looking for he sat back and began watching. It looked like some action movie, I wasn't really interested, but since this was sort of my bed for now I was forced to be.

Yoongi scooted away from me, realizing how close he was. He broke the awkward silence. "Erm, I'm going to the kitchen, do you want anything?" He asked.

"Um, sure. Chips would be fine."

He nodded and got up to go into the kitchen. I wrapped my blanket over my shoulders and waited for him to return with my food. He came back with a box of cereal, for himself, and my chips. I stuck my arms out from under the warm safety of my blanket to get my chips.

Yoongi plopped back down on the couch and stuck his entire hand in the box of cereal, eating each parcel one by one.

I opened my chips and ate them, I realized how drafty it was and I began to only stick my hand out occasionally to get a couple.

I offered some of my blanket to Yoongi and he accepted. I sat back, resting my head against the arm of the couch and watched the movie, drifting in and out. I stretched out as much as I could without intruding on Yoongi's space. He didn't seem to mind.

"What's your favorite part of Seoul?" He asked, out of nowhere. The question brought me out of my daze.

"Huh?" I said drowsily.

"Your favorite part of living in Seoul? I was thinking about going out there, maybe moving, Dad wants me to do more than just stay in Udo forever."

"Do you want to go to Seoul?" I asked him.

"Well honestly no, but I understand that it's in my best interest. There's way more there for me to do than there is here."

"Well since you're asking me, don't go until you're ready. I wasn't ready for everything that I'd have to face there, now look at me. I'm lying on someone else's couch intruding on a family." I said bluntly.

"You really aren't intruding, when Yoo-jin said you were coming mom was really excited." He told me.

"And you weren't?" I questioned him.

He started laughing nervously. "That's not what I meant." He stumbled over his words. "I was excited too- not very excited- wait no, I was kind of nervous because-well, I don't know, I want you here too." He finally said. I only meant to make him sweat for a little fun but maybe he didn't get it was just a joke.

I was now awake and I sat up to watch the movie. I was trying to figure out what was going on but Yoongi eagerly began to explain.

A few more minutes in Yoongi checked his phone to look at the time. I gazed at the screen and there he was. I tried to pull my eyes away but I couldn't. The picture of the smiling boys Yoongi, Jin, and him took a hold of me and I couldn't move.

Yoongi noticed my gaze, he looked up at my face with pity. He turned off his phone, the screen went black. "I'm sorry, I know you loved him. J-"

"No, it's fine. I just, i was daydreaming." I lied.

"You shouldn't be sad forever, you have to stay strong like he always was, you know?"

The more he talked the harder it was to not cry. Just the thought of him, one syllable of his name could make me crumble.

My eyes burned with tears, I quickly tilted my head back in a useless effort to conceal my emotions and hide my tears. Why am I crying in front of him like this? It's so embarrassing.

He pulled me into his chest and I dried my tears, trying not to cry anymore. I turned my head to look up at him and suddenly he kissed me, it's was out of nowhere really. It took a minute to react, I didn't know how to react. I pulled away from him in shock only to be pulled back in once more and this time I didn't resist. I cupped his face and he threw the blanket to the ground. I leaned back onto the couch and he straddled on top of me.

I didn't plan for it to go this far, I didn't really want it to either, but it wouldn't anyways. The lights flicked on. And the shell of a body standing at the bottom of the stairs was heartbroken.