1

Quick little A/N: if you're a rebel and didn't read the prologue, well basically your fiancé is dead,  you have a nemesis named Ha-joo, you just got fired, and you also received an eviction notice making you technically homeless and you have a best friend named Yoojin. Taehyung' wife is named Ji-eun.

Goodbye.

-- + --
us
-- + --

"What?" I said almost stuttering.

"A surrogate. I know that it means a lot to your family to have someone to run the company. Just because I can't have a blood child doesn't mean you should be deprived of that." She replied.

"Ji-"

"I won't feel any type of way if you agree. I'll still love the child because it's yours, and what's yours is mine."

I can't believe she was saying all this. Maybe it's just because she's emotional, but it makes me happy that even in a time like this she's still thinking of me.

"I love you so much, but I can't-"

"So will you?" I put my head down. "I just, I want us to be a family, I want to be a mother, please, grant me this wish. Please."  She said, almost begging.

"Are you sure this is what you want? Like are you ready for that?"

She nodded her head. "If this is really what you think we should do then we will." I said, leaning in to kiss her cheek, she quickly turned her head to kiss my lips. I cupped her face in my hands.

I'm so lucky.

-- + --

How unlucky could I possibly be?

I slammed my laptop shut in frustration. I let out a sigh and tried not to burst into tears alone on my couch in my dark apartment.  I silently wept and stared at my wall.

I had been looking for part time jobs for hours. I felt like I was totally alone. Everything I valued had just vanished in the blink of an eye. It seems like yesterday he had got down on one knee in front of our friends and told the entire world how much I meant to him and that he can't live without me, now it's me who has to live with out him.

He was my entire reason of being, since I was a teenager, my life revolved around him and his revolved around me. I don't think I can ever come back from this.

We were supposed to get married weeks from now.

I've always put on this front that I was strong and that no one would ever see me cry but that's all falling apart now and so am I. There's no more hiding in that shell.

Soon I would've been happily married and now I'm going to be homeless.

-- + --

A week and a half later..

I continued to wipe off the tables in the busy restaurant. I got a job busting tables at a restaurant in downtown, but the pay was barely enough the take care of me. Some doctors from a clinic a couple blocks down eat lunch here on break.

"Can you believe it?"

"I know! ₩166 million for a surrogate??! Hell, I'll do it."

"He said 'one with quality' what does that even mean?"

I continued listening to their conversation. Apparently within their clinic there's a surrogate agency. Some man is paying top dollar for a surrogate. I brushed off their unprofessional conversation but then I light bulb went off in my head.