29

———— + ————
it felt right
———— + ————

I was surprised to hear her voice after the fifth ring. Y/n had been avoiding my calls for the entire day. "What Taehyung?" She said in irritation.

"Can we talk? Please?" I pleaded with her.

"Aren't we talking right now?"

"You know what I mean." I let out an impatient sigh. "You know what? I'm tired of getting on my knees for you. Yeah, I fucked up but you have fucked up way more and believe me as hard as it was to not hang it over your head, I didn't because it was what was best for us three. All I'm asking is the same courtesy."

"Okay but—"

"No, it's my turn." I said quickly, interrupting her.
"You think I'm some sort of stuck up bastard with an axe to grind and that's partially true but that's not all I am. Look, the fact is we don't know each other y/n." I began.

"I knew you for less than five months and now we have a baby together. I was naive to think that this coparenting thing could possibly work if we're strangers. So right now I want to get to know you y/n. I want to be your friend. I want to be close with you, but that can only happen if you let me. And whatever I have to do to make that happen I will do because there is nothing or no one in this world that is worth more to me than my son and his mother."

"Get out of Udo. I've caused enough problems for Yoongi and his family. There's no reason for them to see your face on a billboard in their town."

"I can't do that y/n. We were just about to begin construction. Besides this is my business—"

"You said you'd do anything. If you do that we'll have a clean slate."

After brief contemplation I decided that the only reason o wanted the land was because of Y/n and Yoongi so I'd give it back to his family.

"Fine. I guess this is our new beginning."

"What?"

"I'll do it. I'm serious y/n."

"Good," she said trying to hide her shock. "I have to get to brainstorming for work, talk to you soon." She said quickly before hanging up.

———— + ————

I was surprised he actually agreed, but even him agreeing made me anxious. At least now I have a way to prove myself to Yoongi. Maybe he'll realize in the future that we can work. But for now I need to focus on this design.

I know I need to pull out all the stops for this design. As the new girl I feel obligated to prove myself to my colleagues as an asset and I feel even more obligated to show Jennie that I deserve to work there.

Her words to me in the cafe still stung. Even though she had the wrong idea about why I got hired she's still relatively close. I wasn't qualified for this job. I worked in graphic design for a local news station not a Fortune 500 company. I went from being homeless to working for one of the biggest enterprises on this side of the globe. I needed to step my game up, and fast.

——— + ———

I have to step my game up. So far I have been working at Taehyung's company for a week and I've gathered no significant leads as to what his business with North Korea entails. We are sure a connection is there I just need a clue to unravel this whole thing.  The good news is Taehyung seems to have taken a liking to me.