45

—— + ——
done
—— + ——

"YOU EVIL SNAKE!" I said running towards Taehyung's mom. She put her hand over her mouth in utter disbelief.

"WOAH WOAH WOAH—" Taehyung grabbed me up by the waist and held me back. "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!?" He said, pulling me back and turning me towards him.

"She tried to give Ji-eun my baby?!??!!" I took my shoe off and threw it across the room at her, nearly missing her head. "YOU TRIED TO GIVE HER MY SON?! ARE YOU SERIOUS!?"

"You WHAT?!" Taehyng turned around to face her, just as surprised.
I was boiling on the inside. I couldn't believe I had been living with someone who could be so two-faced.

"I was doing what was best for the family! Don't act surprised! I brought it up with you, remember?" She said, looking to Taehyung for back up. Now my attention was on him. I was even more shocked and angry that he knew the whole time. Did he want this too?

"And I said NO!" He shouted back, looking between the two of us.

"She brought it up with you? SHE BROUGHT IT UP WITH YOU?!!! WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?! How can you bring up custody of Soobin without involving me?! I'm his mom!" I said screaming at the top of my lungs at her. My face was hot and wet from tears. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How insane could these people possibly be to think that even discussing something like that it okay?

"I shut it down, Y/n. You've got to believe me—" Taehyung said, trying to get me to calm down. It wasn't working.

"Why didn't you tell me? Huh? You tell everyone everything but me!" I shouted at Taehyung. I felt betrayed by him and everyone else. I felt like he put everyone and everything above me, especially Jennie.

"What are you even talking about!?"

I got angrier seeing how oblivious he was to everything he has caused. "You were with Jennie that night?" I asked, my voice breaking.

He rolled his eyes. "Yes okay? It's not that big of a deal." He said, trying to downplay his behavior.

"You have zero respect for me or this family! You keep messing around with her! The police know!" I screamed at him, pointing my finger in his face. He pushed it away.

"What the fuck do you mean they know?"

"JENNIE TOLD THEM YOU IDIOT!" He looked shocked by the news.

"No. She wouldn't do that."

I let out a wry laugh. "Well she did, and apparently she's the one who told them about your mom's custody plan, since you two seem so shocked." He was in disbelief. "You really tell every girl you have sex with all your secrets." I shook my head.

"Why would she do that?" His mom interjected. I glared at her.

"Because she hates me! She gave up her and Taehyung's affair to give Taehyung a solid alibi that excludes me! She wants me to go down for this, that's why she's telling the police about the custody thing!" I ranted.

Both mother and son were deep in thought at all this. Taehyung spoke first. "This is insane. Jennie isn't like that, she wouldn't—"

"Well I sure didn't frame myself!"

"I won't believe it!" Taehyung said finally before storming off.

I had a lot of time to think about everything on the ride home. That's when I figured it all out. Jennie wants me out of the picture more than anything. I thought maybe when I told Taehyung he would realize and finally see Jennie for who she is, but he didn't.

—— + ——

"Taehyung?—" I barged into Jennie's condo and slammed the door behind me. "What's wrong?" She asked, her brows furrowed in worry.

"Did you go to the police?" I asked simply. She cupped my face in her hands, still with a look of worry on her face. I snatched her hands away.
"Did. You. Go. To. The. Police." I asked again firmly. The look wiped off her face.

"Fine. I did." She let out.

"Why would you FUCKING do that? Huh?" I ran my fingers through my hair and began to pace. "I told them I was at home with Y/n and you tell them I was with you?! THIS COULD RUIN ME!"

"It won't okay, baby. I have a plan-"
When she said that I got even angrier, realizing what she was going to suggest. I started reasoning that maybe what Y/n thought was true.

"You told the police about the custody too, didn't you?" I said, with a lump in my throat.

She looked shocked by that revelation. I guess she never thought I would find out. "Yes, okay? I did" She threw her hands up in defeat. I let out a sigh.

"Why? Why would you do that?!"

"Because it's true Tae! And it could help with the case!" She tried reasoning with me. She came closer to me, grabbing my hand and holding it in between both of hers.

"It could make Y/n look guilty—"

She looked up at me. "'Maybe she is."
In disgust I snatched my hands away from her.

"What?!"

"Taehyung!" She grabbed my hands again. "Baby, we don't know her really. She's an outsider who changed her name and kidnapped your son! She's crazy!" I snatched my hands away from her again.

"No! She is my family! Okay!? You don't get to say those things about her or try to FRAME HER FOR MURDER!"

"Someone has to go down for this okay Taehyung? I'm trying to protect you." She continued ranting as I walked away towards the door. "I'm trying to protect you! It has to be you or her! I chose you!" And in that moment I turned around to face Jennie for the last time.

"Well from now on, it's me and her. Not either or. And I won't let you or anyone else drag her into this."

"Taehyung—"

"No. This is it Jennie. I'm done."

Authors Note:

Whew! Okay, two chapters back to back *pats self on shoulder*

Jennie and Taehyung have ended
:((((( on a scale of 1-10 how sad are we lol😭

I'm not going to do a full breakdown/character analysis but I will point out the subtle changes we see in Taehyung and Y/n's treatment of each other. Especially in the last chapter where we saw Y/n seemingly try and cover for Taehyung even though she still harbors her own suspicions. And how Taehyung defends Y/n to Jennie, who up until this point could really do no wrong. It could be said Tae chose Y/n over Jennie, but it can also be argued that he chose right over wrong. What Jennie did was wrong, and he broke up with her because of it. As for Y/n, she's definitely getting jealous about the Jennie situation. In the last chapter when she was being interrogated and found out Taehyung was seeing Jennie her reaction gave it away. Anyways I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing.

I will try to be more quick with the next chapter. Please vote and comment to let me know yow want more😉

This chapter's comment shoutout goes to Josefina0327

Keep commenting if you want a shoutout in the next chapter!