13

——— + ———
betrayal
——— + ———

I didn't know what to say. I was at a loss for words. How could he love me?

I was relieved he fell asleep so I wasn't forced to say it back. The truth is, the idea of someone loving me is scary and the idea of me loving them back was even scarier. I couldn't help but feel like I had taken advantage of him, especially considering where he's at right now.

I don't want a relationship or love or whatever people may call it. Love is just a way for you to get hurt. I learned that the hard way and hearing Tae say that he loved me terrified me.

I sat up in the bed and watched him fast asleep. I slowly got out of the bed and went to the other side of the room where my backpack was. I began to put as many of my clothes in the backpack as possible. I tried as hard as I could to be quiet and not wake him.

I then went over to my purse and got and old receipt and pen. I left a small message on the nightstand for when he would wake up. I swing my backpack over my shoulder and left in a hurry.

I didn't want this. Not after everything. I knew he'd be hurt but I can't risk signing myself up for something that will only result in pain. Regardless, that is a married man in there. What happened between us was wrong as it is.

I picked up my phone and called the only person I could think of. Yoongi. He answered groggily at the fourth ring.

"What." He said plainly.

"It's y/n."

"If I didn't know that do you think I would've picked up? What is it. It's 3am." He said slightly agitated.

"I need you to come and get me."

"Okay. I'm on my way." He said urgently. "And get inside." He said condescendingly, before hanging up.

How did he know I was outside???

I followed his instructions and went into the lobby of the hotel. I sat in a secluded corner waiting for him to arrive. Then I got a text. It was Yoongi

민윤기🤡
Where are you? I'm outside.
3:36AM

Me
I'm in the lobby.
On my way out.
3:36AM

I put my phone to sleep and walked out of the lobby. I saw Yoongi in Yoojin's car. I got in the passenger side. He studied me for a minute and then drove off back to Yoojin's place. "You fucked him didn't you?" He said, side-eying me. He started to smirk as I bugged my eyes in shock.

"HOW VULGAR ARE YOU-"

"Oh please, look at your face, 'I just got the D' is written all over it. Besides your nipples are still hard and it's not even cold." I immediately covered my chest. I glared at him.

"He said he loved me." I sighed, sinking back into the seat.

"Ew, why?" He laughed.

"It's not funny, I think he actually has feelings for me."

"So you left?" He asked. "That's doesn't make any sense. I thought girls like that."

"I wasn't expecting him to tell me he loved me, I'm not looking for that. I didn't even plan on sleeping with him in the first place." I explained.

"Do you not like him back?"

"Can you drive?!" I said raising my voice in frustration.

"You shouldn't feel guilty, y/n." He said finally. "Just know that."

————— + —————

My eyes slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the sunlight that beamed in from the window. I sat up in bed, I looked around the room and I didn't see y/n anywhere. My head immediately began to pound.

Too much to drink.

I got out of the bed and looked around the penthouse. I expected to see y/n in the kitchen, or the living room. But she wasn't there. Then I went to the bathroom to check but she wasn't there either. I went back in the bedroom to get my phone to text her and on the nightstand, underneath my phone was a note.

I can't do this. I'm sorry.

My hands immediately began to shake. I didn't know what to do. I unlocked my phone hurriedly to call her. Her cell phone was cut off.

I hurried to the other side of the room where my pants were and threw on a shirt. I then found some tennis shoes and rushed out of the penthouse. I nearly ran to the elevator, I was going all the way the control room where all the cameras were.

"Mr.Kim!" One of the guards said, they were no doubt slacking on the job and were surprised to see me. "We were just-"

"I don't care what you were doing! I need all the footage from last night!"

"Yes sir." One of them said obediently, immediately rewinding the tapes. I watched intensely as the tape reminded.

"STOP THERE!" I shouted. I shoved him out of the way of the computer. I zoomed in on the paused photo. Her face wasn't even facing the camera but I could tell her apart from anyone. I unpaused the video and watched as her image appeared from camera to camera. Eventually leading outside. She then went back inside, she was calling someone.

"Yoongi." I muttered to myself.

She then went back outside and got in a car. I paused the the video and zoomed in on the license plate. I hurriedly grabbed a pen from the desk and scribbled the plate number on my hand. I'd have to give it to one of my friends.

I rushed out of the room and back to the penthouse. I didn't even make it three feet into the room before punching a hole in the near by wall. I paced furiously around the room not knowing what to do, eventually breaking down onto the hard wood floor.

I never thought she'd be the one to do that to me. I trusted her. Why is it that anyone I trust always betrays me? Am I not worthy of loyalty? Am I not worthy of love?

Tears stung my eyes as I sat alone on the floor. My mind raced recalling all the time we had spent together. I remembered the first time I saw her cry. I remembered how helpless she was. I remembered the first time she saw me cry and how helpless I was in that moment. I couldn't fathom that all this time she was so insincere.

I thought that after last night things would be different for us. I was so naive to think I'd get a second chance at love. All people do is use me, as if I don't even possess feelings. I cried even more thinking of how she wasn't the first person to fail me.

My fury turned into vengeance. I knew now that I would find y/n, and take my child back by any means necessary. And I will leave her groveling in the dirt, just as she left me.