11

-- + --
lies
-- + --

I sat alone on the bed in the dark. My mind raced furiously thinking of everything I had just been told. I wanted to know if what she told me could even be trusted. I had labeled her a liar this entire time but now I was thinking if her actions in the past really had a motive behind them. I wondered if I had distanced my mother, thinking she was trying to hurt those around me but in reality she was trying to get them away from me. I wondered if the woman I loved, the woman I slept beside every single night, was really this vile.

The bedroom door opened, the only light that came in was from the phone Ji-eun held in her hand. She had a solemn look on her face as she flipped the light switch on, revealing my stoic figure sitting upright on the bed.

"I need to talk to you." She said firmly.

"When did it start?" I said lowly, staring into her, trying to detect any hint of deception.

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"When did you start lying?" I said, getting angrier. My stomach formed a tight knot as I stared at her face. Tears sat on the brim of my eyes, waiting to fall. "Why? Why-what did I ever do to deserve that? I have always been honest with you-"

"Who is she?" She snapped. "The person you've been cheating on me with?!" When I heard her say that I got even angrier. She was really lying to deflect off of her own wrongdoings. I got up off of the bed and approached her. She backed away. "So its true!?!?" She shouted.

"YOU'RE DISGUSTING! Do you know that!? You lied about everything. YOU CHEATED ON ME FOR YEARS! And worst of all you used birth control for years, making me think something was wrong with me!" Her face dropped at my words. She instinctively grabbed my arms. Tears started to form in her eyes.

"Taehyung I can-"

"Explain?! I don't want your rotten excuses! You thought I never would know! You never planned on telling me! You planned on leaving me!" I shouted in her face, snatching away. I got closer to her, cornering her. "I couldve understood that at the beginning if you wanted to leave, but lying to me, cheating on me, and wasting YEARS of my LIFE after I was nothing but honest-I just-I cant get that!!" I yelled. She burst into tears, sobbing into her hands.

"Please," she looked up at me, placing her hands on my chest. I pushed them away. She reached to touch my face, I grabbed her wrists roughly pushing her into the wall. "Let me explain."

"Never touch me again." I told her.

"Taehyung. Calm down-you're scaring me!"

"I'm scaring you!?! You're scaring me! The woman I have loved for years is a snake!"

"That doesn't give you the reason to go out and cheat on me! Things were different when we first got married and you know that-"

"I'm cheating on you!? I have been nothing but faithful-"

"Ha-joo saw you at the mall with some slut! Explain that!" She yelled. "A-and I found text messages on your business phone to meet up with someone, and you're always at the penthouse! Do you have that bitch living in there!!" She screamed even louder, struggling in my grip.

"She isn't a bitch! She's the surrogate! That's who I was at the mall with!! SHE IS HOMELESS!" Her eyes widened. "I have NEVER cheated on you! You just have a guilty conscience." I told her finally, storming out.

My mother stood in the corridor, she was listening. "Are you happy now?!" I spat angrily, pushing past her. She grabbed me by the arm.

"Please-I'll get rid of her, you don't have to leave, she does. I'll put her out. Just go to my bedroom. Don't leave. Don't do anything stupid." She begged.

"Now you're worried about that?! You weren't worried about it when you told me! You just wanted to settle the score! You have always wanted to win at everything and now you have!" I shouted at her. I walked quickly out of the house and to the garage, getting in my car. I drove furiously down the drive way and out onto the streets.

--- + ---

I knocked on the door nervously. I didn't know what to expect but I knew it had to be done. I decided to take Taehyung' advice and smooth things over with Yoojin. "Who is it!" Her voice called out, coming closer to the door.

"Y/n." There was silence for a few moments, followed by the jingling of locks.

"What." She asked, visibly irritated.

"We have to talk. There's some things I just have to say, and some things you just have to hear." After a brief pause, she opened the door wider for my entry. I came into her apartment and sat on the sofa. She sat on the sofa across from me. She looked at me, waiting.

"I just want to apologize for what happened between me and Yoongi-"

"I'm not mad about that. I'm mad you never told me." She interrupted. "I'm happy you're starting to see other people but I'd be even happier if it wasn't my brother-"

"I'm not seeing other people. It was an accident. I never meant for it to happen. But that's not the most important thing I have to say." I said. My stomach formed a tight knot, I didn't know how she'd react if she knew.

"Well What is it?"

"I'm... pregnant." I was overcome with relief and uncertainty as I announced it.

"You're what-But how? Who's the dad-"

"I am."

I turned my head to see a person standing outside of Yoojin's bedroom door. His gaze met mine. It was Yoongi.