24

——— + ———
guilt
——— + ———

"I'm staying at a small inn on the island." I said pulling a piece of paper with the info on it and handing it to her. "If you can, I'd like to see you tonight." I said to her.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Taehyung, I don't think that's—"

"Not in that way. I just want to talk. I'm sure we both will have a lot to say." I continued.

"That's not possible. I have to stay here and take care of Soobin—"

"Ten o'clock." I said finally before walking out of the room and down the stairs back to dinner. I didn't want the Mins to get suspicious.

———— + ————

I cuddled next to Yoongi in our warm bed. I rested my head on his chest. We were both wide awake but we were silent. We would do this often. Just lay with each other and not say anything.

I broke the silence. "Taehyung asked me to meet him tonight." I said breaking the silence.

"You won't. will you?" He asked, still lying down with me.

"I think I will. I just want to see what he wants." I said. He sat up in the bed. I sat up and looked at him.

"For what?" He said, a little more defensive.

"Because he's Soobin's father, Yoongi." I sighed. I was taken aback that he was getting irritated.

"Then what am I?!" His voice was still low, but somehow it startled me.

"Yoongi... where is all this coming from?! You know what you mean to us!"

"No. I don't. And if you go to see him—"

"What?! What Will you do? Who the hell do you think you are all of a sudden? If this is just some jealousy thing then there's nothing for you to worry about because—"

"There's a lot for me to worry about Y/n" he interrupted me. "When I got you away from him and I asked you if you loved him you never said no. That's the issue." He said. His face was red and he was visibly emotional. I grabbed his shoulder a faced him sincerely.

"Yoongi, you're the only man I love. And we've been through so much for me to give that up for the likes of Taehyung." I said, finally understanding him.

"I just—I get worried sometimes Y/n. How could I ever compete with a guy like him? Like he's a billionaire and the father of Soobin."

"You don't have to compete when you already won Yoongi. You're the only one I want. I can promise you that."

———— + ————

I arrived at the inn Taehyung was staying at. I didn't plan on staying more than 15 minutes. And now that I know how Yoongi feels I'm definitely going to be cautious.

There was no clerk at the front desk so I just proceeded up stairs. The inn was visibly old since there was no elevator. But I made it to the second floor and looked for Taehyung's room. Once I found it and I knocked on the door. He opened the door. He was still dressed up. His white button down was slighting unbuttoned at the top and his tie hung loosely around his neck.

"Come in." He said firmly. He opened the door for me and I walked into the meager hotel room. I'm sure he'd never stayed in a place like this in his life.

I took a seat on the bed and he took one at the writing desk across from it. He turned the wooden chair around to face me and sat there.