prologue

Quick little A/N: if you don't wanna read a two thousand word prologue you can go ahead and skip to the next chapter, there will be a short synopsis on the events that took place in this chapter.... go ahead,

i won't judge you bb.

-- + --
prologue
-- + --

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"My condolences."

"I know he meant a lot to you." They all said as they passed through the door. I just continued to stare at the ground.

It seems like the entire world was ours and now, it all came crashing down.

Why? Why did you have to leave me here? Why like this?

My eyes began to well up, my vision was blurred from the salty tears that would soon fall. I looked up to the sky and tried to save myself from any more tears. I could feel every part of my peeling heart beat away as each moment passed.

I watched all the people pull off in their cars. The parking lot slowly emptied as everyone left to resume their lives, but mine had been on pause since that day, it might've completely stopped. The cold, snowy air whipped against my face, drying my tears to my cheeks.

"So sorry for your loss, but hey, cheer up." Ha-joo smiled snootily. "You're still young, and whatever voodoo magic you managed to get a guy the first time around I'm sure you can do again. Hopefully this time it doesn't end so tragically." She said sarcastically, turning around before I could even say anything.

I turned back around in defeat and walked inside the chapel, my heels clacked against the ground, making an echo through the empty building. I approached the casket where the love of my life slept. I ran my hand across the top of the mahogany box and let a lone tear caress my cheek. My lips began to quiver as I said my final goodbyes.

"It wasn't supposed to happen like this. Not to us." I said, my voice cracking.

2 weeks later

I read the letter.

Eviction Notice
Three weeks to vacate the premises.

I sighed and sat back in my kitchen chair. The timing is impeccable.
Suddenly my phone started to ring. It was my friend, Yoojin.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I'm outside come on down."

"Okay."

I threw on my coat and headed out of the door. I sat silently in the empty elevator and out to the lobby of my apartment complex.

I braced myself for the winter breeze as I opened the door. My hands started to freeze once the icy air took over. I walked to her car. I hopped inside to see my joyful friend Yoojin. I knew she was acting this way to cheer me up but it wasn't working.

"Hey y/n, you ready for work?" She asked cheerfully.

"Not really, this isn't my morning. Come to think of it, I haven't had a good morning for a month." I responded. Yoojin breathed awkwardly.

"What's wrong?"

"I have 3 weeks to move out of my place."I admitted to her, adjusting in my seat.