34

———— + ————-
soul ties
———— + ————

I was sitting in the bathroom stall, crying of course. I had been there hiding for the past thirty minutes, and after the stunt Taehyung pulled I was afraid to come out. My anxiety was through the roof and I wanted to go home, but I'd need to ask my superior for release. But my superior was Jennie.

I felt totally alone all over again. Just when I was starting to fit in, and I was gaining back my confidence, gaining friends, it's all turned upside down. I didn't want to wallow in self-pity but for some reason no one else felt bad for me. For some reason everything was my fault. No one else cared that I was depressed or suffering. I had to toughen up and get it on my own.

It's easy to blame me, because I'm the common denominator, but no one is paying besides me.

I made myself even sadder, thinking about how the past year has gone for me. I lost my fiancée, my best friend, my job, my boyfriend and my self esteem. All I really had was Taehyung, but he's only irritated the situation.

I finally got up from my stall and went to the mirror to dry my face and make sure I didn't look too distraught. I pulled a rough paper towel from the dispenser and dried my eyes, only reddening my face further.

Suddenly Jennie walked in as I crumpled the towel in my hand. "You've abandoned your station for over half an hour, we are in the middle of a project and that is simply unacceptable." She said, as she handed me a pink slip. Her face was stoic, there was no expression but I could see the resentment behind her eyes.

I took the slip from her. I didn't want her to see me crumbling. I wanted to cry though. I was already down, and here she is to rub it in my face. She turned to walk away but before she did I spoke.

"You don't deserve him, you know?" She stopped in her tracks, her back remained turned to me. I took that as my chance to get bolder. "And you firing me may keep me from being an eyesore for now, but I'm still in his life whether you like it or not." My palms began to sweat and my chest tightened as the words came out. Even though I was shaking I was finally speaking up for myself. She turned back around.

"You—"
I cut her off and got in her face with tears in the brim of my eyes.
"It doesn't matter what you say to me or—or-how long you've known each other, we share a bond that you can never break."
Her jaws clenched as I forced the words out. "I am the mother of his child, so don't you for one second think that we are the same, because me and that boy will always come first, I'm sure that probably scares you."

"I'm never scared."

"Fuck you." I said, pushing past her and leaving the restroom.

As I walked down the hallway I heard the quick pattern of feet behind me. I turned around to see Nayeon following after me.

"Y/n? Can we talk?"

"What's there to talk about? I know how you feel about me." I said, rolling my eyes.

"No, you don't. I'm sorry about today, but you have to understand my point of view—"

"What about your point of view!? You saw people humiliating me and you sat there!"

"What—what did you want me to do? I'm an employee just like you. I'm just here to work, not deal with all this!"

"Classic." I scoffed.

"Look, I still want to be your friend. This is just a lot to take in. I mean, within the past 24-hours you're reputation did a full 180°! You went from being the quiet new girl, to a rowdy clubber, to a single mom—oh wait the baby mama to our boss! You can't expect me to come to your defense when I felt lied to! You embarrassed us all at that club!"

"Then why do you care! You know what, leave me alone! I have to go get my son." I said, brushing her off before continuing on my way.

I didn't have time to listen to Nayeon's excuses. I spent quite awhile in that restroom thinking and I see everything clearly. Even if I didn't tell her I had a son she still sat by as those people insulted me in front of all my colleagues and deemed me unfit to work there because I'm a single mom. And when I wanted to talk to her, she ignored me.

I stood in the elevator, impatiently waiting to reach the ground floor. Once I did I hightailed it through the lobby only to have one of the desk attendants call out for me. "Miss Y/n, the president would like to see you in his office."

"Good luck." I scoffed, continuing to walk out the door. I sat on a bench near the busy street and waited for my Uber to arrive, letting my phone keep me entertained as people passed by. And a car pulled up adjacent to me. I assumed it was mine. I hurriedly grabbed my things and as I approached I was flung into a fury of emotion.

I felt an intense pain enter my chest. I legitimately lost my breath  becoming completely disoriented. I dropped all my belongings and clasped my hands over my mouth to keep myself from breaking down but I began to involuntarily sob. My world was moving in slow motion and everything around me became, lifeless, colorless, tasteless.

A sob finally escaped my mouth, and his eyes immediately met mine. And when they did, I knew. I knew it was him. I knew that I wasn't crazy, I knew that I wasn't just seeing things, I knew that I wasn't just having a bad day and that it was real, and he saw me too. My person, my other half, the man my entire soul felt tethered to, my once in a lifetime kind of love, the person who held the key to heart and mind, the one who knew my pain and the one who caused it. I knew that it was Jungkook.

My Jungkook.

A/N: left you guys w/ a major cliffhanger! i can't wait to write the next chapter!

how do you guys feel about this chapter? pls comment and vote to help me out!

also im working on a historical fiction based in the joseon dynasty around the boys, i was just trying to see if im wasting my time or if it's something my audience would be interested in. pls give me some feedback, i'd love to know you all's opinion!