36

——— + ———
trust
——— + ———

I sat quietly, eating dinner with my mother like I usually do every Friday night. I was a bit moody, after what happened at work concerning Y/n and Jennie. I just wanted to get my mind off of things for a bit.

"How is Soobin?" My mother inquired.

"He's fine. He's trying to sit up now." I informed her.

"He's a beautiful boy, you know? I can't wait to see what he becomes." She went on and on but I tuned her out mostly. "You need to call Ji-eun."

I stopped drinking my beverage almost immediately in shock. Even Aunt Hyo lifted up her bowed head to see what kind of insanity my mother was going to spew next.

"What?"

"You need to call Ji-eun. You should have her become more involved. Especially if you don't want people asking questions. It's best to do this while the boy is still young so they think that she's his mom—"

"What are you going on about? You still want Ji-eun around even after all that happened?"

"Well Soobin's mom needs to be someone of stature, not some obscure middle class girl. If people find out Soobin is a bastard he'll never be able to hold his head up in the corporate world." She said the words matter of factly as if they weren't even harsh.

"Y/n is a good enough mom. And I don't want to call Ji-eun." I replied, hoping to bury the subject.

"She can raise him but all I want is a portrait of you all. Just to calm rumors."

"The secret is already out at the company mom. I told everyone today that Y/n's baby is mine."

"You what!?!" She threw her napkin onto the table. "Hyo, get on the phone right now and call our lawyer Mr.Choi! Tell him to draft up some NDAs!" My mother ordered.

"There's no need for that Aunt Hyo. I'm not embarrassed of my son. I wanted him, he's not a mistake." I announced, looking directly into my mothers eyes.

"It's not about you, it is about the prestige of this family!!!" She shouted, standing up from her chair.

"We have money and power, we don't need prestige."

"You must be married. And you must have legitimate children." She said firmly.

"I'm not a child any more mom. You were able to force me into marrying Ji-eun but now I am a grown man."

"Yet you still think selfishly like a child." She yelled back at me. "You were born with many privileges in life by having a wealthy family and being an heir to such a large company, therefore there are sacrifices you need to make."

I got up to leave. "I don't have to take this from you."

"You don't have a choice." She said as I left.

——— + ———

I'm not sure what I thought would happen, but I didn't expect for Y/n to walk away from me. It was never supposed to happen this way.

I was still caught up at work, but it's not like I could get much done thinking about her. Mr. Kim was currently eating dinner with his family so he was out of my hair for now, but I still had work to do at the office.

I finally got the opportunity to get into Mr. Kim's computer. As his assistant I didn't have the password to it but my agency supplied me with everything I needed to crack the code. I made sure that no one was around before sitting down at his desk and unlocking the computer.