chapter 40 time to rest?

Chapter 40 time to rest?

Aaron POV

Where the fucking hell did she get the guts to just walk away with someone else?

She didn’t even attempt to go back to us! No, she ran off in the opposite direction!

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose, I was in pieces, the ass Kirstwood didn’t do half things, I had to admit it was hard winning against him while trying not to finish him off!

I stared down at the blood results Clover had put on my desk while patching me up, Kala was a container.

And it was my job to either get rid of her. Because I was the leader in this city and it was my job to keep things running smoothly,- no matter what.

Kalas POV

My thoughts were in a disarray. I stared blankly into the darkness the garden beneath the window bid.
I felt so relived, I thought my soul would just leave my body and fly up high, like a bird never coming down again with all this relentless guilt wiped from my heart with the sight of my brother. For a moment it felt like I had just learned anew how to breath properly.

But William words were more than enough to make fall to the ground like a rock.

‘Someone is after you.’ He had said to me, his eyes bored into mine, to make sure I got the message in its whole meaning. He had promised me protection for my family, for myself but it bugged me that he denied to answer any of my questions.

Sam and James too remained silent.

James at least tried, his eyes and body language though, told me there was more to this story than just my “rare” blood or pursuers, he was worried for other reasons than my wellbeing.

I sighed taking a look at my adorable little sister, she had me sing lullabies for nearly an hour, until she fell asleep. Seeing her hold her teddy made me smile, she was so innocent that I couldn’t help but feel bad for pulling her into this mess.

I felt bad for my brothers too, seeing that Anjali made her decision to stay with a demon herself, but the guys, well I practically pushed their worlds upside down, and for what? Hell I didn’t even understand that myself!

So what if my blood was rare, I mean other than that -I was human! William had said so before going all silent and mysterious on me.

Because my body only absorbs the genes of the immortals without experiencing any real change, I would just die in couple of decades. Not that I had problem with it.

I pushed myself up, tip-toeing out of the room and went back to the dining room where my other siblings were playing poker.

“That’s unbelievable, how can you keep winning like that?” whined Zack as I entered the cozy room.

They sat around the table, each holding cards in their hands, and a tiny mountain of money at Anjalis side.

“You are robbing your cute little brothers?” I asked smiling at her and she grinned triumphantly back at me “straight royal flush!” she announced coolly.

“You are so cheating.” Chris accused her pointing a finger, as the other two resigned throwing their cards on the table and pulling out a few last euros.

“I’m a lucky girl, it’s one of my best traits.” She replied counting the money they just gave her.

I sat down a little aside from the round, James was on the couch abusing his laptop with the way he typed, a concentrated look on his face told me not to disturb him.